Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I have the OW trigger on my 43 and my 19, trigger pull is 5.5lb nice and crips, pre travel is minimum almost nothing. I'm very pleased with the upgrade.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the Overwatch TAC trigger and I really like it. When I purchased my Glock 19 it had one of the worst triggers I have ever felt. Very rough pull with what felt like a double wall. I was lucky enough to have several friends that had aftermarket triggers for Glock (Apex Tactical, Agency Arms, IGFS, Glock Triggers - Skimmer, etc) and I was able to try all of them. I finally decided on the Overwatch TAC with the APEX a very close second.

Both of them reduced the pre-travel by a decent amount and shortened the reset as well while maintaining the drop safety functionality. Neither of them will eliminate all the pre-ravel because in doing so it will compromise the drop safety. There are some trigger manufacturers that are "scalloping" (not sure what it is really called) the portion of the trigger bar that depresses the safety plunger to allow the trigger bar to be farther forward and therefore reducing, if not eliminating, pre-travel. If I remember correctly, Tactical Trigger, LLC is one of those manufacturers - Please note I have never tried one of their triggers and I am in no way affiliated with them. Here is a good (and very long) read on Glock aftermarket triggers - http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Glock-trigger-Pull-up-a-chair-and-come-inside . Should you decide to go with an aftermarket trigger it is extremely important that you check/verify that it does not defeat any of Glock's safeties (i.e. drop safety).

It is very difficult to recommend a trigger for someone because everyone has their own perception of what a "good" trigger feels like, especially when it comes to the trigger break. Some like a rolling break while others like a wall and a glass rod break. I chose the TAC trigger primarily because of the feel of the trigger shoe. The shortened pre-travel and reset were a nice benefit as well. One thing that really surprise me was how much the connector affects the feel of the break. Believe it or not, after trying the ZEV, Ghost EVO Elite, Glock "-", etch connectors I liked the way the stock Glock "." (dot) connector felt the best. Overall I am extremely pleased with the Overwatch Dat trigger, YMMV.

·
USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)
2,612 Posts
I have the OW trigger on my 43 and my 19, trigger pull is 5.5lb nice and crips, pre travel is minimum almost nothing. I'm very pleased with the upgrade.
Agree completely. It uses an OEM trigger bar that is NP3 coated. Very nice.

Reactions: Howard H

·
Registered
156 Posts
Overwatch trigger groups are pretty safe upgrades as far as not overriding any of the factory safety features. They basically have stock trigger bars which are NP3 coated (some models offer a polished version) with the trigger shoe engineered to give a different mechanical leverage. That's how they reduce the pre travel. They also give you a non serrated flat trigger face and the TAC version has a small lip at the end to help with consistent trigger finger placement. I have the TAC unit on my Gen4 19, and the Falx version on my G43.

These 'can' be paired with aftermarket connectors, but I found Ghost connector too light and settled for a "-" connector on my G19.4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts