GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, it is time for one of these posts. I have been usually blessed to not overhear too many wanna be commandos talking their idiot speak, but tonight I was not so lucky. I am in line at the store and obviously the security guard had his panties in a wad over some guy open carrying a handgun(which is legal in VA) To give the guy some credit, he was upset over the guy in the store handling his weapon while it was holstered. Where he falters, is where he told the girl working the register that she would have been perfectly safe because mr security guard had a .40 cal while the other guy just had a 9mm. Me being me, I couldn't resist making a smart ass comment. I told him I was carrying a gov't model 1911 .45 and I would best both guys because my gun had a bigger bullet. He then told me that my gun better not be loaded. I told him I had a CCW. He tells me that's fine, but the law states it can't be loaded. I said, "Really, are you sure about that?" He said, "Yeah, I have been carrying for 5 years." I said, "Is your .40 loaded?" He said no. I laughed and asked him how hard and long he could throw his pistol. All I got back from him was a confused look.

·
Registered
864 Posts
There are a few things I tell myself over and over, little bits of wisdom that make my life easier. I will share them:

1. Never break a rule by accident.
2. The easiest way to stay out of trouble is to mind your own business.
3. Consequences outweigh probability (see Pascal's Wager)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds to me like there are 3 gun carrying idiots in this story, not just 2.
Whatever man, I never showed what I had and I wasn't combative towards the guy at all and he wasn't towards me either. I was just trying to be funny and give the guy some info he desparately needed.

·
Premium Member
7,584 Posts
Some people have very little grey matter between the ears. Open carrying in a store also is begging for attention.

And you should have not said anything.

·
15,498 Posts
There are a few things I tell myself over and over, little bits of wisdom that make my life easier. I will share them:

1. Never break a rule by accident.
2. The easiest way to stay out of trouble is to mind your own business.
3. Consequences outweigh probability (see Pascal's Wager)
Excellent post.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I am an idiot for talking to a fellow and cracking a joke. Maybe some of you guys are afraid of your own shadow, but I am not.

·
Registered
459 Posts
You were too easy on him. Me and that type of stupidity does not mix well at all. I would have become his boss, right there on the spot, and fired his ass!

·
Registered
14,544 Posts
I'm confused how his empty .40 is better than anybody else' gun.

A loaded .25ACP is better than an empty anything.

·
LSWCHP +P
262 Posts
Where he falters, is where he told the girl working the register that she would have been perfectly safe because mr security guard had a .40 cal while the other guy just had a 9mm. Me being me, I couldn't resist making a smart ass comment. I told him I was carrying a gov't model 1911 .45 and I would best both guys because my gun had a bigger bullet.
The girl working the register may have been carrying a .50, and outsmarted and outbored the 3 braggers in the story. :supergrin:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The girl working the register may have been carrying a .50, and outsmarted and outbored the 3 braggers in the story. :supergrin:
Well, you may be right because she was not impressed by the topic of conversation at all

1 - 20 of 113 Posts