close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Over/Under

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by bpranney, Apr 20, 2007.

1. bpranney

bpranney

I know this is a Glock Forum, but I am looking to start getting into Skeet shooting. I am looking to purchase an Over/Under. I want to keep my cost as low as possible. I really like the Charles Daly model 106. I am hoping to get one with a 26" barrel. I'd be willing to look at a 28", but really like the feel of the 26" better. I live in Northern Virginia, so if you have any suggestions, or one you're looking to sell please let me know.

BP.

2. perazzimx14

perazzimx14

I would avoid the Charles Daly O/U. You do not get quality O/U's shotguns for $600.00.

Best advise to you is keep saving your money for a used Browning XS. It will cost you at least twice as much but will last for as long as you want to shoot. If the Browning should happen to break parts an gunsmiths are plentiful. If the C.D. breaks good luck finding parts or a local smith to gt it back up and running.

3. wayne bell

wayne bell

I have a used Browning Citori Lightning Sporting Clays O/U in 12 gauge, ported bbls, Invector chokes, still in box. $1175 and photos available if you request.

4. Usingmyrights

Usingmyrights Jr Member

Unless you are shorter/have shorter arms, I would go longer then the 26" barrels. I have 28" on my Browning. I bought it used at a decent price so I took what I could get. If I had to choose between any barrel lenghts, I'd probably say 30". Once skeet gets to easy for you and you go onto sportingclays/trap/5 stand, you'll appriciate the longer barrels for those "out there" birds. You can get by alright with the 28s", but I wouldn't go any shorter. Franchi makes a decent O/U in their new lineup. They go for around $1200 new, depending on which exact model your looking at.