close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Outlook help...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by mace85, Apr 12, 2006.

1. mace85

mace85 NRA GOA USPSA

I am running outlook on my machine. I use the calendar and contacts extensively. I kinda am backed into a corner with the outlook because I sync everything with a pocket pc. The problem is that I can't send or recieve email when connected to me home network. I tried tech support with Qwest (my ISP and utter waste of time)and windows. They say the problem is local, something I am running is making it have these problems. The server settings are correct. I am using the microsoft anti-spyware beta and Norton products. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Delta

Delta ThExtremeMember

Your issue is with Norton, check the e-mail settings inside of Norton. It will not connect if the settings are messed up.

Norton will usually run your e-mail through a Norton server.

Disable the Norton and then try to send and recieve.

B

3. malkore

malkore

yep, norton AV uses a built-in proxy 'like' server to route your email through norton before outlook ever even receives it.

norton help files should explain how to modify your POP3 settings to reflect the internal proxy server settings.

4. mace85

mace85 NRA GOA USPSA

Thanks guys, I found the problem and it had nothing to do with Norton at all. The version of Outlook Express I had was all screwed up. Blowing it away and installing the full Outlook program.