close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Outlook Express connection lost...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by pascal, Oct 29, 2006.

1. pascal

pascal

Hello,
    I was running IE7 & Outlook Express. I installed Firefox and when a link in an email (in Outlook) was clicked, Mozilla pops open and displays the page. Deleted Firefox and now the link in the mail does nothing. Please help.
    pascal

2. SomeGuyInAHat

SomeGuyInAHat

Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Programs tab -> Select Outlook Express for email -> Press OK.

3. pascal

pascal

Hello SomeGuyInAHat,
    Actually following your instructions I found that Outlook Express was already chosen, BUT I did find that somehow IE was not my default browser. When I set it as so, the problem disappeared. Problem solved. Thank you thank you thank you!! !! !! !!
    pascal

4. NetNinja

NetNinja Always Faithful

Please do yourself and the Internet world a favor and stop using Outlook Express.

There is a sticky at the top of this forum that informs the Glocktalk members how to protect thier machines from spyware and there is a post by me to use alternative email clients.

5. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

6. pascal

pascal

Howdy,
    I am using Firefox and Thunderbird on my 2nd computer. It updated to Firefox 2.0 and I initially don't like it as much as IE7. I have a bunch of old email stored as zip in dbx format from OE and I'm worried about them being unuseable if I switch to Thunderbird on my main box. I will read about the security issues though thanks for pointer.
    pascal

7. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

I've never tried IE7.I do prefer Mozilla SeaMonkey over Firefox.If you don't care for Firefox,SeaMonkey is old Mozilla updated with the latest security updates.

http://filehippo.com/download_seamonkey/

8. pascal

pascal

I will try it although I'm beginning to like IE7. Just gets confusing between new window opening in new or new tabs. Thanks WDC.
    pascal