close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

outdoorbidur.com IS NOT SO BAD

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Lummox, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Lummox

Lummox Big Member

I have to just say in Eric's defense that the system has been working for me, I have not only sold items from there, but purchased some as well.

I agree, there are some bugs. Why doesnt this piss me off? Because it is 100% free. I dont think the intension is to charge someone for a buggy system.

I enjoy cruising outdoorbidur.com as much as I do gunbroker.com.. It will only get better as the traffic increases!

I also saw somewhere that Eric was offering free ticket for prizes for people who are using the new system. So, what do you have to loose?

Regards,
    Lars

2. Capt. Jack

Capt. Jack CLM

I have been unable to list an item.

i.e., it does not work for me.

Jack

3. kidbuck

kidbuck Flashaholic

I can't even log on. Hey Lummox, any g23 hi caps left???;)

4. Biscuitsjam

Biscuitsjam

I think there are currently too many categories and subcategories. There are just as many categories listed as items (80+)! Outdoorbidur will have to be 10s of 1000s of times larger before it fleshes out its current structure.

If the primary way of sorting items is by categories, I would recommend starting out with just a handful (rifle, pistol, shotgun, miscellaneous), and then splitting each category only when it gets too full. The site would expand in a natural way and accurately reflect the items that are for sale.

I mean this with all due respect and not as a flame. I want to see the site succeed almost as much as you do and merely think that my suggestion is a good idea. Good luck,

-Biscuits

5. darin2

darin2

Auctions are auctions....that's fine. If I wanted to look at auctions I would go to auctionarms,outdoorbidur or gunbroker. I came to Glock Talk to look at classified ads. If I want to sell/buy a firearm in an auction I would use outdoorbidur...no problem. But for classifieds i'm going to other website...since Glock Talk doesn't have them anymore.

6. mado

mado

I don't want to start another thread on OB, so I'm adding my suggestion for the site here:

The site is a real pain to navigate the way the Featured Items and Gallery Items show up on every page of items you browse. Is it really necessary to have the Featured and Gallery separate? Couldn't it be one and the same and then do what Gunbroker does and show the items once on the first page or pages of the items list before listing the other items available? Also, do the Gallery/Feature Items really need to be in the normal items listing since they were already shown at the top of the page? There just seems to be entirely too much redundancy and it is making the site difficult to use.

I started six auctions a few days ago and I'll admit I started the prices higher than I would have on Gunbroker because I knew there wouldn't be as much traffic as I get over there. I set them up to relist, but now I'm considering cancelling them due to the number of complaints I'm seeing and the lack of bidding. I don't like complaining, but I'm also selling guns for a reason, not just supporting the site.

BTW - Eric, I also don't mind that the classifieds are gone. You were providing something that cost you money for free and decided to try something new. If I were you, I'd be charging for access to the entire site. It would eliminate some of your problems and get the site to pay for itself and your time. Anyone who's worth keeping will be more than willing to pay and anyone who leaves, well that's less bandwidth to pay for.

7. Capt. Jack

Capt. Jack CLM

I second mado's comments !!