close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Outdoor range

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CPG19, Mar 12, 2010.

1. CPG19

CPG19

Friend of mine asked me to come to their shooting day . he told me its going to be a outdoor range where hes going to rent a private spot for us .

I'm very excited and cant wait !

when i got my first glock19 , i watched a lot of clips from Hickok's youtube page.
    I thought it was so cool shooting at those metal targets . here's my chance to bring one/few to the range because .. i was told that i can bring any kinda of target i want other than explosive stuff ( of course ) .

I just cant think of anything .. I don't spend money on made targets either .

need some help here guys ! what can i bring to make it " TING " :supergrin:

2. LemonAJAX

LemonAJAX Banana Bonanza

3. GreyEclipse

GreyEclipse TheGreyEclipse

Just make your own. Be creative, it can be fun and interesting.
    If you go to a junk yard you can probably find some good stuff there.

But be careful shooting steel, it sometimes ricochets. Shoot at an angle.

As far as other targets go...
    You could go to Radio Shaq and buy a remote controlled car, tie balloons to it and have your buddy drive it around while you shoot at the balloons. After you're done with that you can shoot the car to pieces.:tongueout:
    Of course, I'd only do that if you don't mind buying a new one for the next range session.

4. Y-NotG23

Y-NotG23

When I get the chance to shoot outside, I start gathering up things that I want to destroy.

Alarm clocks are pretty high on the list as are failed disk drives.

I think it's pretty amazing to see a .40 or .45 punch a hole into a disk drive.

Milk jugs filled with water. Food coloring added just for grins.
    Milk jugs filled with frozen water is pretty cool too.

Make sure you have enough jugs. Hitting one with a target round is sort of cool. But hitting one with a hollow point is WAY cool.

Metal coffee cans (large ones) sitting on their sides are good. A .22 can plow right through them without fear of a round bouncing back toward you.