close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Out with Kimber Ultra Carry II In with Glock 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dougmc, Mar 30, 2004.

1. dougmc

dougmc

I fineally had enough of trying to get my Kimber Ultra Carry to run reliably. Of course I took a bit of a loss on it when I sold it. But I'm glad to be rid of it. I wanted to send it back to Kimber but I had a bad experience with them the first time this gun went back to them. I just didn't trust it.
    So I did what I should have dne all along and got a real carry gun- The Glock 30 and of course it's awesome. It's just as easy to carry as the Kimber . It shoots just as good. It's alot more comfortable. And it doesn't jam up every 15 to 20 rounds and break every 400 rounds.
    Right out of the box I put 300 rounds of 230 grain FMJ and 50 rounds of Gold Saber 230 grain HP's through it without a hitch. Now my Glock 21 has a companion. And I have the real Big Dog, the ultimate carry gun.

2. Harlequin

Harlequin I need a weapon

I have a couple thousand rounds through mine at this point and and no failures. I'm probably on the low end for round counts...

3. bybon

bybon

I too traded in a brand new pistol for my G30. Probably one of the worst examples of a brand new handgun I have ever seen. PO LDA 1245. Unbelieveable! I took it home from the gun shop gave it a good look inside. I immediately took dozens of pics and sent them to Canada to the head guy in QC. He was amazed too. They were going to send me a ticket. I took it back and the shop and they took it back no questions asked. Saw a G30 on the wall and traded for it. Went out and shot several hundred round. Ran perfectly and was very accurate. I am a happy camper now!

4. dougmc

dougmc

I had the afternoon off so I called Glock and asked if they could put some night sites on my new 30. I talked to a gunsmith named Dave. He told me to come on over. He put the night sites on and testfired it and replaced my recoil spring (He said it didn't act right ). The work took about 20 minutes and cost me $59.85. Glock has really got it together with their customer service. I took my pistol from Glock to the range and put 200 rounds through it. The new Night Sites were dead on. Very happy with my new carry gun.