close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Out of stock.

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by bigskinny, Feb 25, 2012.

1. bigskinny

bigskinny

I've been shopping for my first Ar for a while. Colt, DD and Bcm is what i want.

Every site i go to they are out of stock. Is there somewhere i'm missing or do i just need to wait for someone to get some in stock.

Nothing at any of my lgs except Rra and Del-ton.

2. JBaird22

JBaird22

Its right after SHOT and many things go out of stock because distributors have huge sales/let inventory get really low around SHOT time. Give it about a month and a half for things to get normal with web stores and your LGS. If you LGS is worth a crap they should be able to check inventory of the distributors online and give you an idea of whats up.

3. gixx1070

gixx1070

Order a complete upper from BCM most are in stock. Order a blemished lower from g&r tactical they are in stock. Put them together and your gtg!!

4. bigskinny

bigskinny

Thanks for the information. i might just wait a while.

gixx i was thinking about a build, but sort of want a complete rifle for my first.

5. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

There's little to no difference between buying a complete rifle, and buying a complete upper and lower, then slapping them together. No parts to assemble, just two captured pins - the same pins you'll be using when you field strip the rifle for cleaning.

6. Ruggles

Ruggles

Yep, if you are ever going to break it down to clean it you are going to do as much if not more than your would buying a upper, lower and BCG and then putting together. It really is that easy.

7. CDW4ME

CDW4ME

I have a Stag 2T and was looking to get another, as both of my boys are interested in hunting this fall.
    I bought the first Stag a couple months ago from CTD for $942 + shipping.
    Going to use tax refund to buy another, but they were out of stock and new price of $1,015 when they come in. Crap.
    I know it's shot show time, but it's also tax refund time and election is starting to fuel advance buying.
    I'm not much on waiting (even when there is no hurry :impatient:) and don't like to gamble either.
    I could have bought a Stag 2T on GB for about $70 more than the price shown by CTD for the out of stock Stag, but I didn't want to pay too much only to have it become available the next week for less.
    I also didn't want to wait for an unknown amount of time while prices potentially increased and the rifle would be more anyway.
    I HAD to have a rifle with a free float quad rail and was not interested in buying one with without the free float rail and installing one myself; I looked at a couple of videos and decided it was prudent to avoid the possibility of messing up an expensive rifle.
    I was able to buy a Daniel Defense on GB for the price shown by CTD, IF the rifle was in stock.
    Although I didn't need a top of the line rifle, I felt better about buying a Daniel Defense at the "regular" price than a Stag for an inflated price; I explained to my wife that although this rifle was about $234 more, it was a better value because it's price wasn't inflated. ;)
    I got a email from CTD yesterday that the Stag is now in stock. :miff: (I'm so glad I didn't pay an inflated price for the DD)

Anyway, my point related to this thread is: you might actually find a Daniel Defense ect... on GB for a decent price.

8. Patriot III

Patriot III

Wait for your Colt. DSG is supposedly out of stock, but put yourself on their wait list, but that won't last long. $945

9. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

The word is that some of the gun-carrying WalMarts actually are getting Colts in their racks, priced around $1K.

Of course, since you are in IL, you might not see that. :dunno:

10. B_RAD

B_RAD

Try Rifle Gear. I had never heard of them but I got tired of all the popular sites being out of stock I called DD. They referred me to them. Figured they wouldn't suggest anyone who wasn't on the up and up. I placed my order Wednesday and picked it up on a Friday. They didn't have the lowest price. It they weren't overpriced either.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

11. bigskinny

bigskinny

Thanks guys, I guess i just didn't look at it this way.

Seems like a good option.

12. bigskinny

bigskinny

No evil guns at my Walmart. Its for the children, you know.

13. bigskinny

bigskinny

I said guys.

I have no idea if you are male or female, no offense meant to anyone.

It can be bad to assume.