close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Out-of-Box Accuracy of Armscor 1911

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by revo, Aug 21, 2006.

1. revo

revo

Gentlemen :

Can you let me know what your experiences are with out-of-the-box Armscor 1911 accuracy ?

I bought an Armscor 1911 high-cap a few years ago in California and it shot very very low from day one - like two feet low.

It took a barrel change and significant work from a gunsmith to make it shoot in the black at 25 yards.

I think mil-spec standard of accuracy is at most 2.5 inches at 25 yards.

The trigger was also grossly off spec. You had to pull it all the way back for the hammer to engage.

The gunsmith told me that all the internal measurements were geometrically off spec so he had to do some tweking to make things work and also had to shave off almost half of the front sight to bring the point of impact up.

Has out-of-the-box quality improved these days ?

2. jimbullet

jimbullet

The 1911 armscor that I have has great accuracy, 1 to 1 1/2 inch groups out at 20 yards. Not bad for an out of box. The problem was all internals, frame is definitely off specs thus upgrading it require tremendous labor work for a gunsmith to do. However I ended up not tinkering with the internals since it shot really good. To top it off, it was bushing type and not bull barreled and yet the slide, bushing and barrel fitted very excellent.

3. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Armscor has an army of gunsmiths hand fitting their pistols. Your pistol probably got worked on by one of their inexperienced 'smiths. :)

4. TTPower

TTPower

i had an armscor commander before and it was really accurate out of the box. impact was at point of aim. i just replace the trigger and had a trigger job. But when i replaced the front site with a fiber optic sight it wasnt that accurate anymore. now i'm planning to get a hi-cap 40cal armscor :cool:

5. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

After changing the front site it wasn't accurate anymore? I don't know if that can affect accuracy, maybe your gun just wasn't zeroed because of the new front site.

6. TTPower

TTPower

ooops forgot to mention.. my rear sight was a novak fixed sight :) and the fiber optic was i bit taller compared to the original front sight.:rollsmiley:

7. mtho

mtho

so that would make you shoot low, but it should still group well if its group well before you just need a smaller front sight or offset your aim a bit. you smith should have consulted you while fiting the front sight and have you fire a few shots before finishing.

8. Allegra

Allegra

9. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Paano Master A? Baka pede ko i-translate sa cmore yan kasi tuwing nag zi-zero ako ng cmore isang daang bala nauubos ko.

10. Allegra

Allegra

Put the gun on a vice , remove firing pin , make silip sa loob thru the channel , the breech and out the barrel
    Kung san sya nakatapat , dun mo izero yung sights mo ( I guess ikaw na pumili ng distance )
    I think it would work sa dots

11. TTPower

TTPower

si tony pascual gumawa e. he dint even inform me na iba yung height ng fiber optic and the original front sight. sana pinabawasan ko muna :frown:

12. isuzu

isuzu

It's not the gun. It's the new front sight that is giving you problems with accuracy. If you have your original front sight, have it measured and get a new one installed. Or, install a Bo-Mar rear sight so that you can zero your pistol with a wide variety of loads.

13. mtho

mtho

yung tanung ko sa kanya nung pumunta ako dun, kung saan izezero yung sights?

14. jasonub

jasonub

ready made na siguro ang front sight kaya salpak na lang. thats why if i need something done correctly i go to reputable smiths

15. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Ay oo nga. Kaso mabigat yata yung vise dalhin sa range, at bibili pa ako. :supergrin: Thanks.

16. 9MX

9MX Rei!

vise as in c-clamp? i have one! kaso pano natin imomount? on a piece of thick wood?

o ayan mco, sagot ko ang vise, ikaw bahala magmount (if you want)

eh vice, (e.g. yosi)gusto niyo?:supergrin:

17. Allegra

Allegra

bakit dadalin sa range? you dont need to shoot it

Havent done it personally malamang masira ko pa yung baril, I just watched Noli Mertillo d it on my gun sa shop nya
    When I fired it sa range , zero nga :)

18. SMBeerDealer

SMBeerDealer Member

Ganyan din ginawa namin ni Tigra nung nag-zero kami ng rifles namin. Look thru the barrel and find an aiming point then move your sights til what you see thru the barrel is the same as what you see in your sights. At 25m 6 rounds lang pinutok zero na. :cool:

19. gundog

gundog senior gunner

zero.....ask capt tuliao~~~ np!!!:supergrin:

20. isuzu

isuzu

Bore sighting is quite effective if you really know how to do it. You may hit the target on the first try, and if you don't, only minor adjustments are required.

Peeping through the firing pin channel is what you normally do in a 1911; the common practice is peeping though the barrel of the fiream, hence the term bore sighting.