close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Out did my self.

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by okie, Nov 5, 2004.

1. okie

okie GT Mayor

Holy Crow I out did my self. Am at a friends house for the weekend, Joyce asks me if I would make mased tators for supper to hep her out. I said hell yes. So I found an recipe on line for garlic masted tators. 7 tatore cubed
    and cooked with 6 whole cloves of garlic. Drain water after taters are did,leavin in the garlic. Put in half stick butter and about 2/3 cup milk,
    1/2 tsp salt and 1 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 cup real parmason cheese.
    Fluff up and eat like a freakin pig
    ;f ;a ;a ;a ;a ;a ;a ;a ;a ;a ;a ;a

2. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

I love garlic mashed taters :)

Try it again only bake the taters whole then half them. Scoop out the insides leaving a shell you can stuff with mashed tater. Do what you did only save the parmesean cheese for toppings and bake those bad boys until browned ;)

3. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oh my that sounds wonderful Miss Kitty honey ;a ;a ;a ;a

4. Nicky D

Nicky D CLM

Sounds good. Here is what I do, I use red russett potatoes, boil until fork tender. While I am boiling my potatoes I will roast the garlic with some olive oil. WHen the garlic is tender I will place the garlic in a medium sauce pan with a 1/2 stick of butter, 1/2 pint heavy cream, fresh chopped parsley and simmer until butter is dissolved. Drain potatoes when they are done, throw everything in the mixer and blend until lumpy enough or smooth enough for your taste. You can also had carmelized onions to your potatoes for some extra zing. These have been the best mashed potatoes that I have ever had.