Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just lost power in our house due to the storm. Didn't start up the generator but did tether my droid x to my latopand should have internet for the next few hours...after that not sure.

·
Glock 19 Rocks!
6,478 Posts
Our lights flickered a few times but thank God, they didn't turn off! :whistling:

·
Banned
5,038 Posts
stay safe folks , im dam n glad this storm did not come to deep south nc . i have seen on the news what this storm is doing , and it looks aweful .

stay safe and warm and dry :wavey:

·
> OD Glock 32
4,431 Posts
What area of USA are you in, Sancho?

·
Simple Member
7,472 Posts
Lost power also, lots of trees down. If we get a 20 mph wind I lose power. Took 2 hours to clear the driveway just to get out.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
I paid my dues to that storm today and last night,,,,,if the wind dies down I will start to dig out. All doors are blocked by snow except the garage door.

·
I make it rain!
861 Posts
This storm sucks. Had to drive 40 miles in the ice to get to work tonight. Hope everyone stays safe.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I lost power 10 minutes ago, but just got it back, don't know how but I don't think it will last long, about 1/2in of ice and still coming down strong, winds are about 20mph but I got beer and ammo :rofl:

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
Thank goodness it doesn't "snow" here more than twice or so a life time. That seems like a major pain in the butt. Then again most of the year I live in hurricane territory but I will take the trade off.

·
F.I.B.
1,008 Posts
18"+ on the ground, windy as heck.... no power flicker or outages...

Good luck, be safe.

KILLERtj

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Ice storms scare the CRAP out of me.

And as much as I hate snow, it doesn't knock down trees and power lines.

No electricity means no heat.

My house has hot water radiator heat. If it gets below freezing inside the house, ALL the radiators, water lines, and the boiler would have to be replaced.

That would be about the end of next summer, if I was lucky.:crying:

I hate winter.

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
We didn't get all that much stuff, but the roads were still slick as crap. I think we just missed the worst of it.

·
Old & Grumpy
9,633 Posts
I'm surprised we still have power, everything is coated in ice, and now the wind has picked up, actually, the wind woke me up about 30 minutes ago. Gusting to about 45-50, sounds like the shingles are getting a work out up there, keeps waking my Grandson up.

·
I like Macs
7,683 Posts
Hope you get your power back on soon! I know how frustrating and uncomfortable it can be when you are without. After a couple days when the house cools off, that's when it really starts to get unpleasant.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts