close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Otterbox Armor case

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by itstime, Jun 21, 2013.

1. itstime

itstime

Anyone use one? Suggestions?? I'm on the fence. Haven't physically seen one in person.

2. Phaze5ive

Phaze5ive

They're great cases and offer good protection, but usually make your phone bulky as hell. Plus, they look tacky.

3. CBennett

CBennett

My wife likes hers we got one off one of those "deal sites" where you have so long to get it(or till they are gone) cant remember the name of it though but it was about 55% off. And its by far the most protective case she has. The 2 id look at if your really looking at protection at a reasonable price are that and the Griffin Survivor..which is supposedly made to "military specs" .

4. wizzi01

wizzi01

The thing I do not like about otter boxes is the silicon will stretch out. I have had 4 different cases from them and they all did it.

5. edporch

edporch

I have an Otterbox Defender for my Samsung Galaxy S4 and love it.
    It's a great case.

6. DjPitt

DjPitt

ive used their cases for a while now on a few different iphones and they protect like no other! i work in a shop so i drop my phone all the time, once off of a 40 foot ladder, face down, 1 week after i originally bought the dam phone!! i would throw it across the room, no problems at all...the first time i took it out of the case and dropped it...cracked screen (-_-) lol the only downside to them is they make the phone hella bulky

7. VC-Racing

VC-Racing General Flunky

Same here

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. ignantmike

ignantmike

son has one....he loves it.....I...myself....can't afford a smartphone:crying:

9. Redheadhunter21

Redheadhunter21

They are bulky, strong and will last about a year. After that rubber starts to get stretched out, call up otter-box and they will send you a new rubber. If you keep it in the clip the size really isn't a problem.

If you plan on sliding it into your pocket forget about it. Then start looking at life proof, much slimmer and alot easier if you plan on putting in pocket. Water proof too.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

I have one on my iPhone and it's great. My cat knocked it off the couch onto a hardwood floor earlier tonight and it didn't hurt a thing. There's a youtube video of a kid throwing his iPhone out of a second story window onto concrete with no damage. He tests both the Otterbox and Survivor.

One thing to be aware of is these are among the most heavily counterfeited products around. Otterbox's price to distributors for a Defender is $25, so if you get one online for less than that it may be fake. I got mine at Walmart.com for $30 and it's real. Google "fake otterbox" for info.

11. CamoColton

CamoColton

I have an armor case for my phone. Only use it when I really need it otherwise I use a standard defender case or Lifeproof case. The armor case is really bulky and the screen protector floats over the screen ever so slightly making typing a little more difficult. But ultimate protection has its trade-offs and it will protect your phone like no other.

12. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

If you have to have waterproof that and lifeproof, if you have an iphone, Rokform Fuzion. Slick, aircraft metal skeletal frame. I love mine.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  13. 2bgop

2bgop

I don't like them at all, I just LifeProof cases, the best I have found.

14. torr8966

torr8966

I've had 2 life proof cases a defender and now the new armor series! I'm rough on phones and have ruined two life proof cases. I can say the new armor series is top notch!! In my opinion way better then the life proof or the defender series!! It's expensive but in my opinion worth it!! Feels like a $100 case much more then the life proof!! Don't get me wrong it's huge and rugged. Feels like a brick in the pocket but u know your phone is protected from almost anything!! Good luck!! Cheers!

15. sputnik767

sputnik767

My personal opinion is this: nobody is that clumsy where you need to encase your slim device in a brick-sized case. The most important thing in a case is that it has adequate shock absorption and an adequate rim that goes around the front, should your phone fall face down. Having said that, the case should be slim. What phone do you have? I have personally seen my GF drop her Galaxy S3 in a Seidio rubber+plastic case from 5 feet onto solid concrete, and sustain zero damage. While the case does add some bulk, it is minimal, and does not detract from the overall look of the device. The case is essentially the same as the Otterbox Commuter case, which to me is plenty for anything you are likely to subject your phone to.

16. VC-Racing

VC-Racing General Flunky

My last device, a Dx, was in Otter Box Defender from the day one. I was on a platform 15 ft above the ground when I brushed the railing causing my phone to release and fall to the concrete floor below. When I retrieved my phone I inspected and found the battery has been jarred loose and had no surface damage. All I had to do was re install my battery and power the phone on and go on my merry way. That is what sold me on Otter Box. Now I have a S4 and its a lot slimmer than my Dx. I still feel confident that the OB defender for the s4 is just as good , even though it is slimmer.

Vic

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

17. G22Dude

G22Dude

I have one for my work issued Iphone. I go into all kinds of crappy/hazardous environments and that phone is still working.

18. Kevin108

Kevin108 THIS IS IN ALL CAPS

I have a full-on waterproof case for my iPod and a padded sleeve for my Droid X. Both have been great. Once I broke the belt clip on the iPod case. I called them to order a replacement piece. They couldn't send me a replacement clip so instead they sent me a whole new case with headphones and an arm band, completely free. Great company with great products.

19. HKUSP9SD

HKUSP9SD

I asked my friend about this case on his iPhone, and he threw his phone at a wall and then fell 4 feet onto tile. Nothing happened to the phone.

I stick with ghost armor. Keeps the phone thin and scratch proof. I dont get how people drop phones so much.

20. jpa

jpa CLM

Ditto but for my Galaxy Note 2.

The clip on the belt holster breaks easily. Save your receipt and take pictures when it breaks and Otter will send you a whole new case for free as long as it's within a year.