close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"other" threads

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Rxzruby, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Rxzruby

Rxzruby

i am relativelly new to glock-talk but i can not get over how many other issues are discussed here. i came here to talk about glocks and all things related to glocks.
    why do the operators of this site allow all of the "other" issues to be talked about, such as religion, politics, Leo's, military & etc.
    i tend to read off of the 'view newest posts' page and a majoriety of the threads have nothing to do with glocks.

this is kind of a free for all forum and was wondering if it has always been like this and will it always be like this? i feel that if you want to discous religion then go to 'religiontalk.com' the only thing i see that is true to the name is that the advertising is directly related to glocks and their accessories.

not to ruffle any feathers but just thought it was interesting,
    Rxzruby

2. vote Republican

vote Republican White and nerdy Moderator

Yes and yes. GT is a community and most of us like it better like that.

If you are only interested in Glocks, I suggest you stick to General Glocking. You can still differentiate new posts by the different icon. Someday you might find yourself with a question about something else, maybe a computer question or about a car, or whatever, and you would be amazed at the resources available here that can answer so many different things.

3. c-mama

c-mama Moderator

vR is correct, as usual :supergrin:

You might want to try utilizing your user control panel.

You can subscribe to the subforums that you regularly read and then when you log into your user control panel, you can see which forums have new posts (if the light is green).

I use mine that way all the time. Saves me time from scrolling down through the main page and looking through every post on the New Posts search page.