close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OT: US Another Market for Caregivers?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by isuzu, Dec 11, 2006.

1. isuzu

isuzu

Saw in the ABC news about three weeks ago, that there are plans to regulate caregivers in the US. It said that at present, there are no set rules on caregivers; some States even just require a caregiver to be at least 16 years of age, and of good moral character.

The report also said that there is a concern because of malpractices of caregivers, such as wrong dosage of medicines, and even violence committed by the caregivers to the elderly. Hence, the plan to regulate (and probably license) caregivers.

I'd like to get the opinion of US-based BOGs regarding this plan. Those in the medical profession could have more extensive ideas regading this plan.

If this plan pushes through, this could be a big help to our kababayans as an alternative aside from taking the nursing course.

2. Kiddo

Kiddo

From what I see around my place, there are already a lot of caregiver schools offering a 6-month caregiver course. I don't know about job placement though.

3. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Certified Nursing Assistants can be tapped as caregivers. But if the plan indeed pushes through (like Canadian caregiver jobs) there would be a great opportunity for our kababayans.