OT: Room Aircon

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Wp.22, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Wp.22

Wp.22

ano mas maganda window type or split type na parehong 1hp. for replacementt na kasi yung aircon sa room namin 7 years na. ANo ba pros and cons ng mga ito?

2. isuzu

isuzu

One thing you have to consider is the space where to put the aircon. If you currently have a window type, it's easier to install because the structure is there already. The mount may only be slightly modified to accomodate the newer one.

Another thing you might consider is to look around and compare the energy consumption of each aircon (Energuide). Too small an aircon for an area will make it consume more electricity and make it work harder, accelerating wear and tear. Too big, then you're just wasting money.

I'm sure, there's somebody that could compute your room area, and give you the ideal size airconditioner for your room. You may also want to provide a good "seal" and insulation for your room. A room that doesn't hold cold air is like a refrigerator with a broken seal. Makes your aircon work harder in order for your room to reach that desired temperature setting.

3. agentrod

agentrod

Window type:
    PRO: Easy installation. Cheaper than split type.
    CON: Should be mounted on a perimeter wall.

Split Type
    PRO: Nice aesthetics.
    Is applicable to "inner rooms" or those rooms without a perimeter wall.
    You have flexibility to position the compressor away from the path of direct sunlight (highly recommended).
    CON: Long tubes to and from the compressor would make it vulnerable to leaks.
    Usually have high HP ratings.

HTH

4. KevlarSix

KevlarSix Senior Member

I have a 1hp split type Koppel. Found it to be the least expensive model among the 1hp split types and I'm pretty much satisfied with it. Very expensive to setup at the house though.

5. G19cPH

G19cPH

Window type:
    PRO:cheaper,easy to install,easy to clean.
    CON:high energy consumption,when it gets old more noise and vibration coming out.

Split Type
    PRO:Low energy consumption,very quite no vibration.
    CON:Very expensive to setup,hard to clean you have to disassemble it(re-charge freon again) or pressure wash it inside the house.

6. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

pot, get at least 1.5hp a/c. pag overworked ang compressor, lalong malakas sa kuryente. carrier or condura pa rin choice ko.

yung 2hp ibang size ng casing so hindi pwedeng swak sa dating butas

7. chocoboy

chocoboy

As much as posible, go with d window type with a 2.5 to 3Hp. Guaranteed to be more energy efficient and easier to clean. Pag nasira mas mura palitan. Though matitibay na ang mga window type ngayon as loong as u pick a good brand. I'd suggest panasonic.

Split type consumes more electricity and costs a lot more to maintain. Sa amin gastos kami 1,200 every three months... pag may nasira na piyesa.... ang mahal ng replacement!

8. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

what is the size of the room sir?

9. isuzu

isuzu

Is the quality of Koppel airconditioners okay now? When I was working at a distillery in Negros in the early 90's, some ill-advised purchasers decided to get Koppel units as opposed to what we suggested that are being used by Jolibee stores (I forgot the brand). Just two months into service, their units began breaking down.

Hope they improved already.

10. akula

akula BizDuc NM Millennium Member

Mostly 1.5hp Panasonic quite type or Condura yung mga ACs sa bahay. Yung sa room namin 4x6mtr, I only set the thermostat at 4.5 and at low cool, although it is almost TURNED ON 24/7 nowadays because the children are not in school. Still going strong for almost three years now.

11. Single Stacker

Single Stacker

look for the EER rating of the units you are considering. The higher the EER the better in terms of enercon. All a/c units are mandated by the government to publish their EER rating. Also consider this rule of thumb 1 hp/16 sqm.

I believe the window type is more economical than the split type since the split type requires electricity to pump the refrigerant in a longer route. The advantage of split type units is that you have the choice to locate the accu units in better ventilated locations that will facilitate faster heat exchange.

I have carrier and panasonic window type a/c in my house and I am very satisfied with both especially the carrier which proved to be very economical. Doc EC is also right if the room is somewhat in between sizes it is best to overcompensate a little.

Hope this helps.

12. gundog

gundog senior gunner

pot. i have both the window and split type. my experience is that window type is much cooler, cheaper and easier to repair. but do get more hp as eyecutter said, an overworked a/c is much more prone to failure and repair and higher electric bill. if i could i would junk my split type as it always gave my problems.

13. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

yup. tama si king ngoe. dati 1hp lang gamit sa room. always full blast thermostat and blower specially during summer months! umingay ng umingay motor and fan blade. Ayun bumigay rin!

changed to a 2hp carrier unit. kaso made a booboo! iba pala size ng casing so pinalakihan ko pa butas! madali lang naman ginawa, less than 2hrs ok na yung opening sa wall.

now the 2hp never goes past the mid (5) thermostat setting, usually 4 lang. blower is at the lowest setting. malamig na, very quiet pa. same elec. bills rin. Kung talaga kelangan ng boost sa cooling power, meron pa kalahati in reserve. tsaka dapat maalaga sa paglinis ng filter.

14. Wp.22

Wp.22

will look for 1.5 hp for the room. dami pa naman zero interest ngayon na aircon.

15. KevlarSix

KevlarSix Senior Member

I just bought it Dec. 2005 and it's still working fine na man. I'ts the cheapest one that I canvassed (I think around 15t) and it's only 1hp

16. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

7 years old only and for replacement na?

the window type amana aircon im using now is at least 23 years old and super cold :) yeah, i know, mahal sa electricity . . .

17. kcboy

kcboy CHEEPUCK.COM

kung sira lang ay compressor, we sell it from 1 to 2.5 rotary compressors, we also have 3 up to 25hp. i'd say stick with a window type nalang, easier to maintain. ayaw ko sa mga split type na wall mounted ay ang bibilis masira ng mga remote control nila.:)