close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OT: Need Help Controlling Smoke Emissions from Diesel Engine

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Alexii, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

I need your input fellow BOGs.

I have a 9-year old Nissan pick-up which recently failed a smoke emission test conducted by the LTO. This go-anywhere pick-up has been stone reliable for me and would hate to sell it anytime soon. I exclusively use Shell oil and Diesoline exclusively for 5 plus years already. The smoke emitted is white when revved up, though the amount of smoke seems a bit excessive.

Is there a service entity or a product out there I can use to solve this? Thanks for your help!

2. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

try mo bioactive. 1 bottle per tank full. or the cocodiesel blend from flying V

3. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

Sir, try to have the exhaust pipe cleaned at any gasoline station. It will lessen carbon build-up in the tube.

Some say that putting 1 bottle (gin bottle) of kerosene will help lessen smoke, but I have not tried it yet though...

4. Wp.22

Wp.22

maybe you can ask Benj a fellow bog about this one. he has a vast knowledge when it comes with vehicles.

5. isuzu

isuzu

Kerosene might damage the injection pump and the injectors. They don't have the lubricity that the diesel fuel has. On the other hand, try Petron's Diesel Additive in cans. I've used them when I was still living there, and they're good.

6. isuzu

isuzu

What's the mileage of the vehicle? What model is it? Have you had your injectors cleaned and calibrated? Do you have the primary and secondary fuel filters replaced regularly? The water separator (I think it's the primary filter) drained regularly? Do you regularly replace the air filter? How often do you drive it on the highway?

White smoke may be a sign of a) oil ring damage and blow-by, b) valve seal failure, c) improper fuel spray d) blown head gasket due to overheating, and e) excessive short trips that the engine builds up carbon.

Nissan Power Pick Ups with the 2.5 liter engines are very notorious for engine blow bys. Nissan subsequently replaced them with the TD27s that were used on the Pathfinders.

7. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

Sobrang important ng injection system sa diesel because it does not rely on spark plugs to ignite fuel. Try mo pa calibrate. I've been driving a Mitsu. L200 since 1996 and use fully synthetic oil and Petron Diesel Max. I also use Petron diesel additive (booster) every other full tank. Very minimal ang smoke ko and it has never failed an emmissions test. Tama rin sinabi ni Isuzu. White smoke may be a sign that you are burning oil. Kung carbon lang or inefficient combustion dapat black smoke ang lumalabas.

8. Benj

Benj

My suggestion would be to have the injectors and injection pump cleaned and calibrated. That should do wonders for it. You can also have the exhaust pipe cleaned. Try biodiesel as well, we've been using it in our diesel cars for a couple of years with very good results. Worst comes to worst it might be blowby as isuzu said, if the smoke starts to get a little bluish in color the blowby na nga yun.

9. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

1) My odometer reads 172,000+ kms.
    2) It's a Nissan Eagle with a 2.5 BD25 engine.
    3) I am not sure if the injectors are cleaned and calibrated. That
    must be it. I'll have that done first among other things.
    4) Fuel filters are replaced at roughly every 20k kms.
    5) The primary filter is bled regularly coinciding with change oil
    every 5k kms.
    6) Air filter are replaced every 10k kms.; cleaned every 5k interval.
    7) I travel on the average of 40 to 50 kms during the course of a day.

10. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

What's an engine blow-by? The only time I experienced overheating was due to a damaged radiator. I'm writing all these down and discuss it with the guys of Nissan North.

Thanks Isuzu. I'm hoping you'd chime in.

11. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

try mo bioactive. i'm using it sa trooper. nabawasan usok and improved mileage

12. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Thanks, Benj. Just a couple of questions:

1) Is there a specific place that does a good jobe of cleaning and calibrating diesel engine injectors?

2) Where can I get biodiesel?

13. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Saan source nito, DocEC?

14. G19cPH

G19cPH

I have a 96'Nissan 245,000kms eagle and 90'Power pik-up 450,000kms no problem with emission laging pasado.I used Pennzoil long-life oil from the start.Yung test ba ng LTO is apprehension or requirement for registration?Pag apprehension talagang bagsak wala pa kami na experience na pumasa doon because the way they conduct their test is not right.Try a tune-up adjust valve clearance,clean exhaust pipe using garden hose stick it up the pipe while engine is shut-off wait until it is full of water then step on the accelerator halfway and star the engine repeat until clear water comes out after you start about 3-4 times will do the trick it will lessen the carbon build-up.White smoke is a sign of oil is comming up on the top of the piston.

15. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

sa petron gas stations meron binebenta. its 75 or 80 per bottle.

16. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

One thing to bear in mind if you are to introduce biodiesel into your fuel mix is that you might need to replace your fuel filter after a few full tanks. Biodiesel has cleaning and lubricating properties, and it may loosen some of the crud that has built up over the years, which may clog the existing filter.

17. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Yun nga apprehension. Palagi akong pasado since the start sa registration.

But mukhang blessing in disguise na din kasi ngayon ko lang nalaman kung anu-ano implications ng white smoke emissions. I just talked to a Nissan mechanic over the phone a few minutes ago and told me to bring the unit in.

Guys, a big thanks to all who gave advice. :thumbsup:

18. jasonub

jasonub

we have biodiesel 400 per gallon for bogs. its made by our plant bt we did not continue the project since ang pera na kailangan is around 50M per week or so.

still have 3 or 4 drums left. we never failed a emission test using our old trucks using this.

19. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

oist! bakit ang mahal naman!? 75 per 250ml benta ng bioactive sa akin

20. jasonub

jasonub

1 gallon is 4 liters or 4000 ml

400/4000= P.1/ml(250ml)= 25 pesos per 250 ml < 75 pesos per 250 ml.

so tataasan ko na para sayo 500/ gallon = 1000/4000 = .25(250)= P62.50/ 250 ml.

o ok na presyo ha:banana: