Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30,260 Posts
No, I've never been and probably won't make it this year.
Maybe one year.

I really feel that I've missed out on something.

·
Plane go boom.
130 Posts
oshkosh is amazing. usually over 10,000 (yes, 10,000) airplanes fly in for it. i flew my old '78 arrow III there once many years ago. it almost makes me wish i still liked flying.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am planning to be there on Thursday/Friday

I hear that Steve Saint will be in the Author's corner...

I will be walking through the airport (ORD) with my shoes in hand and my belt over my shoulder...

:cool:

·
Registered
439 Posts
I am sorry to say that I won't be able to make it this year (I'll be at recurrent). I'm pretty bummed. Oshkosh could very well be the highlight of my year. My father and two younger brothers are flying our Tri-Pacer in this year. They flew in a couple years ago, but I think they took the Baron. I wish I could make the trip with them, but I don't think all four of us could fit in the Tri-Pacer. I'm hoping to hear some cool stories and see some great pics. I hope those of you going have fun and fly safe. Cheers!

-CS

·
Descent Terminated
33,520 Posts
Hoo Hah ! I'm going this year, Thursday thru Saturday. ;)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Went the last two years AWESOME- if you have not, DO IT. I remember reading about the EAA fly-in in the Cub Scouts magazine, or 'clip', for some folks, 'Boys Life' in the 70's, never thought I'd land there at the height of the arrival madness- with a C-5A landing AT THE SAME TIME on the intersecting runway - yikes. (It was at least 3 miles away from my Archer) - Spent some time at work today listening to the live tower audio transmisions - that brought it back!

I'm kind of bummed not to be there, but my flying bud and I have plans to fly this summer from KDXR (Danbury Ct.) to Mexico................... Missouri to start building his CH701 rudder, and just generally bum around to small airports and visit a couple of friends for about two weeks. (Williamsburg, Blacksburg (all the 'burgs), maybe Chicago (Damn you, Daley! &^#[email protected]!) and Kansas City.......MMMMMmmmmmmmm.........Bar- be-Que....... Riiiiibbbbbs........)

Then back to OSH next year.

By them perhaps I can track down that pesky Gen. C. Yeager who nearly did me in with a golf cart last year........

·
NRA4EVR
11,697 Posts
Spent one day there in '92. Some year I'll get to go for three or four days.

·
Descent Terminated
33,520 Posts
I'm baaa-aack !....

It was, as usual, awesome. The biggest stir this year was the F-22 demo, an almost totally vertical show of raw power, and thrust vectoring.

And a really nice collection of warbirds flying.... :)

·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by aircarver
I'm baaa-aack !....

It was, as usual, awesome. The biggest stir this year was the F-22 demo, an almost totally vertical show of raw power, and thrust vectoring.

And a really nice collection of warbirds flying.... :)
\

oh heck yeah it was. I was at the pilatus tent when we saw that go on. funny how they go straight up, hang there for a few moments, then drop the nose down level, and start flying again.

and dang was that loud!

did you camp on field?

·
Descent Terminated
33,520 Posts
Originally posted by Sambolijah
\

oh heck yeah it was. I was at the pilatus tent when we saw that go on. funny how they go straight up, hang there for a few moments, then drop the nose down level, and start flying again.

and dang was that loud!

did you camp on field?
Incredible power + thrust vectoring......:supergrin:

No, flew Midwest into Milwaukee, stayed in the Marian College dorms, drove Avis into the show each day. From the looks of the campsites when it rained, the camping ain't happy....
(The parking lots are no prize either when they turn into mudholes... )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts