Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Orlando Shooting

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by FlCracker70, Feb 10, 2010.

1. FlCracker70

<table style="width: 508px; height: 13px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="txtspons" id="blogSponsor" align="left" valign="top" width="50%">
    </td><td style="vertical-align: top;">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>Attached is the details on a shooting that happened in Orlando yesterday. A couple of points that I took from this:

1) The shooter was a permit holder who would not have been swayed by taking away his permit / restraint order. He was a 61 year old obsessed man who was stalking a 23 year old girl.

2) She new that she was a target and should have armed herself. This is NOT to blame the victim but it would have obviously helped.

3) She would have had enough time to pull a CW as she had enough time to call her husband.

4) I obviously hope that nobody ever fixates on me (very unlikely :rofl:) or my family. It would put one on guard and its hard to stop a person who is willing to die in order to kill you.

This is a sad story all the way around.

Research park victim was stalked

By <address class="blogEntryAuthor">Mike Synan </address> @ <abbr class="blogPubStamp" title="2010-02-10T05:42:47-05:00">February 10, 2010 5:42 AM </abbr> Permalink | Comments (10)

She tried to get a restraining order against her killer.

[​IMG]We're learning more details about Monday's murder suicide out by UCF, and it turns out the woman knew her attacker well and even tried to get the courts to stop him... A judge denied a restraining order against 61 year old Roger Troy, and he killed just days later. You can hear the horror in the caller's voice.
    (Woman caller)"I was driving into work parking my vehicle, and this gentleman... I saw this gentleman shooting this woman several times, and then I ducked my head because I didn't want him to see me and shoot me, and then it looked like he probably shot himself because he's lying on the ground next to her.
    (Woman)"Oh my God!"
    23 year old Alissa Blanton was coming back from lunch with her new husband, and her last cell call was to him saying the attacker was approaching. He arrived too late.
    "That's my wife. Holy (Cuss word)."
    His CPR couldn't save Alissa Blanton. She was just in front of a Brevard County judge last week trying to get a protective order against Roger Troy, turning in 72 pages of evidence about his guns, threatening emails, and times he blocked her car in at the AT&T call center. Judge Dean Moxley turned her down for lack of evidence.
  2. sargespd

As a cop, I have always believed in everyone's right to defend themselves. Cases like this one can not EVER be resolved by pieces of paper. Dangerous, perhaps insane people will not be deterred by serving them with notice of a restraining order, and while cops can arrest the guy, they still have to get there in time to do so before he can hurt or kill. No innocent person should die at the hands of a stalker because the government denied them their right to defend themselves.

3. xtreme99

xtreme99 What's a Glock?

Mesa, AZ
    Lack of evidence?

Several years ago, I had an obsessive ex girlfriend get one on me with NO EVIDENCE! (no evidence because she didnt have any! I threatened to get one against her if she didnt stop calling me, so she tried to beat me to it)

She basically went in there and told the judge she was "scared" of me so he gave her one. I went in later with pages and pages of paperwork to show him it should be the other way around, and all he did was drop her order, but wouldn't give me one.

The legal process in this country blows my mind...
  4. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Even a 72 page restraining order won't stop a bullet.
    When someone asks me what they should do when they are in this type situation, my first question is usually, "What kind of gun do you own?"
  5. ComeAndGetThem

If a guy is willing to rape or kill someone and commit suicide, do you think he'd respect a restraining order? Those are as stupid as a gun free zone!