close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Orlando Report?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by truckcop, Feb 10, 2007.

1. truckcop

truckcop

For those of us going down in the morning (Sunday), how did today go?

2. whitetiger7653

whitetiger7653 NRA Life Member

Not many people. Friendly and helpful Ro's. Upgrade the suspension on your car before going. I'll put it to you this way. When we got to the dirt road it got smoother.

3. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

I ROed one of the 5 to Glocks and we did manage to run through a few shooters before I got to break so I could shoot. Scott counted the "Sign-in" sheets about 3:45 and said about 168 entries had shot. We had a great group of RO's and the Atlantic Beach Eploriers came in and did a great job of helping RO! My hats off to these OUTSTANDING young folks!
    I feel this was one of the better Orlando matches. The GSSF staff did an outstanding job of keeping the match running smoothly! Thanks to Scott, Mark and the Armeror, Mike for all the hard work to make the match successful!

Dan:cool:

4. njl

njl

I haven't been to Orlando since the first GSSF match there, but I remember that bumpy road/trail on the way in actually made my car's CD player shut down. It didn't just skip...it said "screw this, I'm shutting off, let me know when we're back on pavement."

Is the parking still basically a grassy field?

5. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

The parking lot is still grass but you will not believe the development once you turn off 528!!!!! It’s not the same looking place!!!!

6. truckcop

truckcop

It probably won't be too long before someone in one of those developments throws a spent bullet through a house window and then calls for the range to be shut down. Too dangerous for the children, you know.

Looking forward to getting down there tomorrow. Leaving Tallahassee about 5am.

7. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

I know it was cold yesterday at the Eastern Sports Show

In Harrisburg, Pa.:wavey:

8. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

When we left at 4:30, it was 79 degrees and sunny!!!!!!

9. whitetiger7653

whitetiger7653 NRA Life Member

Yeah the parking is still a field. But that wasn't even the bumpy part. The roughest part is the paved part. The dirt and grass was nice and flat.

I agree it probably won't be long until it's closed. A lot of development out there. I've dug a few pools out there. It's a good area.

10. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Perhaps, but the fact that the Orange County Sheriff's range is right next door on the other side of the chain-link fence is going to make it hard for any such proud new home-owner finding such spent bullet to identify just which range it came from - and succeed in shutting that range down, now won't it?

:supergrin:

Also at the Florida club, most shooting bays are laid out so you are shooting to the North or the East. Most of the development is coming in from the West and there is still a good deal of empty land in that direction. Again, the Florida club is to the east of the Sheriff's range so development will probably come up against the Sheriff's range first. A new development to the north would be a major problem since the club rifle ranges shoot in that direction.

Seriously, does Florida have a "range protection", "we were here first and you knew we were here when you built/bought your new development/house" law?

Many other states do for just such situations as this.

:headscratch:

11. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Florida has that law, however it only pertains to property "owned" by a organized club and it membership, CFP&R club is leasing the property.

12. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

OK. So much for that bright idea.

When the time comes, I hope CPF&R has the wherewithall to acquire and develop another property "further out".

:sad:

13. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I sure hope so. This is a great climate fro shooting especially this time of year.:thumbsup:

14. njl

njl

Preliminary scores are up!

15. TatonkaJack

TatonkaJack

First, thanks to FireGlock for putting the link up so we can access the preliminary results for the Orlando match, cuz I'll be damned if I could find them on the GSSF website. After looking at the results, I'm pretty proud of my standings given it was first ever match. Placed 10th in Am. Guardian! My wife came with me both days and enjoyed herself so much that I sponsored her as a new member (maybe she'll win a Glock so I won't have to buy one for her). She also shot my G19 for the first time on the practice plates and hit 3 out of 6. Now she wants to compete against me next year! What'll I do if she beats me???