Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got back from the range shooting my new Glock19 and well.. I need a lot of help! LOL. I was wondering if anyone else in the Orlando area might want to meet up to practice for the GSSF. First off I gotta learn to shoot ofcourse, but it would help a lot to find out from an experienced competitor what I would be doing in the competition.

Thanks much!

·
Crusty Member
10,827 Posts
What part of Orlando are you in, and where do you shoot?

I'm way NW, and shoot at EGC.

·
Crusty Member
10,827 Posts
East Orange Shooting Sports? I haven't been there yet. It's generally tough to practice for GSSF at an indoor range, as they generally don't let you shoot multiple targets at different ranges at the same time.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hi,
I belong to central fl rifle and pistol and I am the lead for the Gssf match here in Feb. We also do Idpa the 1st Sun of the month. East orange is a good location and Dick "V' there is our Idpa director for Central fl.send me a pm and I will try to get with you in the next week-I am going to Gssf in Ala in June.
Mike

·
Crusty Member
10,827 Posts
Does anyone ever setup GSSF-style practice meets in the area? Years ago, a GT'r in the JAX area did this one or more times (at Gateway), and one of those meets was actually my introduction to GSSF.

Years ago, I did one of these in Gainesville at GTRI. I started making plans to do another one at GTRI, but things kept coming up and I never did get to do it again. Since then, I've moved to the Orlando area.

These are a great way to introduce people to "what's it like to shoot GSSF?" without them having to cough up $60 in membership + match fees before they've been hooked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts