close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Orlando Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by FotoTomas, Feb 19, 2005.

1. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I'm back from a pretty day at the range visiting withh GSSF friends and shooting bullets. I did not shoot as well as I wanted and believe the new front sight the armorer put on the pistol is the reason. After my shooting was over I noticed the front sight was bent and THAT'S when I got it fixed. AFTER the scoresheets were turned in. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :)

Tomorrow I head back and RO for the morning. Hope to see some friends.

2. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

It was a PERFECT day for the match!!! I did alittle better that the last (Bolder City) match. We saw a lot of our friends and met some new ones! The RO's did a great job today, Thanks Everyone! Scott, Dave and Julie did there normal FINE job of getting everyone signed up and keeping the match running smoothley! We got to the range a little after 9:00 and we where finished by 1:00!
    All and All you could not have ask for a better run match!!;f

Dan:cool:

3. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

I second what DEJ/FL just said. I saw alot of my GSSF friends and made some new ones. The GSSF staff did and outstanding job of making the match run smoothly. Thank you all.

Pharaoh

4. glockNstein

glockNstein

After being ill Saturday AM, I made it to the range around 11:45. It took some time, but I finally finish around 4:30. I went back Sunday morning, and shot UL with one of Fireglock's 17L's. It was fun. The match was run OK. Weather was fantastic. It was great to see our friends again. Hope to see them and others in Anderson.

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Could not have asked for more beautiful weather for the match. Scott, Dave and Julie did an outstanding job keeping us straight. Hats off to the RO's, "Well Done Everyone".

I am happy with my scores, nothing to set any records or winning but after my scores in the last two matches I was very happy to see the changes that were suggested by my good friend Pharaoh really worked. I feel much more confident now that my scores will definately be improving.

Just could not sign off without commenting on "Old glockNstein's" illness. I wont go into detail but lets just say "Don't drink the water".;L ;L ;L ;N ;N ;N ;Y

6. glockNstein

glockNstein

Now Don, you know all too well that it was probably those Buffalo Wing strips that I had at TGI Friday's. At least it was supposed to be chicken.

7. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

My wife and I arrived around 1:00PM Sunday and the weather was beautiful. Scott, Julie and Dave had their hands full with the large attendance but as usual, they "handled them with care and efficiency". Gary was taking care of everyone's tuperware toys at the Armorer's table. Thanks to the entire GSSF staff for spoiling all of us!!!:) :) :) :) :) :)

My performance was not the greatest but I had fun. I began on the 5 to Glock this time. My MajorSub and Stockmeister performance on this stage left some room for improvement. I shot my UL gun on the 5TG with a 15.33 clean. I went onto plates and shot the MajSub first and hit 24 plates with 24 shots in 11.34 but it went down hill from there. My stock gun and UL guns were not my best performance, finishing the plates with a 12.38 using the Stock gun and 12.50 with the UL.:( :( Well, onto the Glock M. I went downhill farther, finishing the M with the MajSub in 11.30 with 12 pts in penalties, the Stock gun in 17.30 with 11 pts in penalties and then the UL gun in 15.09 and 4 pts in penalties.

The final was:
    MajSub = 54.51
    Stock = 67.56
    UL = 46.92

Now we are planning for the Anderson trip in April. WOW, we have a full month with no shooting.

If you want to attend a great match, mark Orlando and Jacksonville on your calendars for next year. What's better than Florida weather in the winter?

See ya on the range:cool: :cool: :cool:

Bobby

8. GJM89

GJM89

So Bobby, no shooting for a month, I take that to mean you won't practice before Anderson, would that be correct. ;f ;f ;f ;f

9. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Somehow that seems unlikely. ;)

10. GJM89

GJM89

Yea I know, I'm just trying to plant the seed, psycological warfare;b ;b ;b

11. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Hey Glenn; shouldn't that be "PsycoColon Warfare"? ;f ;f ;f ;N ;N ;N

12. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Vinegar but 2-3 tablespoons in a glass add enough water that you can drink it. Sip till gone I tend to get it down as fast as possible.

You can also add honey but when I "need" it I don't bother.

once or twice will usually take care of the problem.

This came from an old book Vermont Folk Medicine.

And It works.

If you take it, when you feel the problem might start---when you eat out and you think maybe you should not have--- You can stop the problem before it gets you.

13. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

;T Feeding the monster by reading you guys rub it in. Should be a balmy 37° tomorrow. 'Bout ready to "sacrifice" that &*$!%+# groundhog.
    C'mon spring! ;f

14. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

Well the scores are not yet posted and I can live with that. Especially since the pistol certificate I won in the Range Officer raffle arrived today. I already have it on the way back with the upgrade money to get another G34. I also received the 2005 GLOCK annual. It has the G37, G38 and G39 featured on the cover and inside. It has been a good day for sure! :)

15. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

GJM89,
    Practice???? Does GSSF allow us to practice before the match? I thought that's what the "warm up" match was about.;) ;) ;) ;)

Hope to see you at Anderson!!!!

Bobby

16. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

It was about 70 degrees here today! ;f

17. GJM89

GJM89

Bobby, I'll be looking forward to seeing you there, and with the weather were having, probably very little warmup.

18. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

You mean you're not doing the Scottygun thing? ;f