close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Orlando Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Fireglock, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Who faced the weather and played the game?

2. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Pat here (Mrs. G-R)

Bob and I drove down Friday, enjoyed the fellowship at dinner Friday night, then headed to the match Saturday morning. We finished in good time, just before the sprinkles of rain started. Knowing we had a long, possibly nasty trip back, we didn't stick around too long after we finished shooting.

Our trip back was a long one, and we encountered a bunch of traffic around the Daytona area, and we had rain all through Florida and Georgia.

We had a wonderful time this year at Orlando. We want to thank all of the people who worked the match and a hearty thanks to the GSSF crew that worked their 'butts' off. They did a great job with a limited crew.

The match seemed to run much smoother than last year, so I figure they worked out most of the problems from last year. We look forward to coming back again.

Hope the weather wasn't too bad for most of you. We hope to see all of you at the Anderson match.

3. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Another GREAT match at Orlando!!! I started shooting at 9:30 and was completed by 11:00!!!!!! I did fairly well with a 73.xx in Stockmeister (with a G37) and a 76.xx in U/L. The weather was cloudy and the rain held off until 2:30 then only very light sprinkle. The RO's where GREAT!!!! Thanks folks, you did a great job!!! The Friday night dinner was good and the Saturday evening get together was a HOOT!! Fireglock and Don T made to the range just before we left and stay for the pizza party in our rooms that night!! What a great get together!!! A very good time was had by ALL!!
    Dan:cool:

4. edbird45

edbird45

I shot Sunday as a day tripper. I showed up around 10:30 and was done before 12:30. This was in sharp contrast to last year!! Things were much more organized this year. I didn't shoot very well, but still enjoyed my second ever GSSF match. I only was in one category today, AC. Wish I could have that last plate run back......:-(

I didn't practice for this one, and only shot at a range once or twice in the last month. But it was still fun. And I got to try that G37 that was set up on a plate range by the Glock guys.

Even Massad Ayoob showed up today to play the game. Also, there was no rain today.

Maybe I can meet some of you folks next year!!

EDBIRD45

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Well I had a great time at the Orlando match. I shot poorly but still had a great time. I want to be sure to Thank, Mike for doing an outstanding job of putting the match and Friday nights dinner planns together. The club did an excellant job and deserve a real pat on the back. I tried to be sure to thank all the RO's I met but I am sure I missed someone but it wasn't intentional. We appreciate you folks donating your time so we can play.

Thanks to Scott, Vicki and Jacki for all there hard work. You'al really kept things rolling smoothly.

I already have Orlando Marked on my schedule for the new season. I also just want to say that is was also great seeing "Old Fireglock" and his pup Don T. Saturday. It was good seeing Jerry able to smile and laugh. We all better look out because he will soon be back out kicking butts sooner than you think.

6. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

..the funnest GSSF match I have shot to date. Big congrats to the GSSF staff..and the SOs!! Thank you for running such a safe and fun match.
    .."Shot" this match in under and hour Sunday..that's including my little "gossip" session w/Vicky!!

..the GSSF staff really did a great job! Thanks.

Had a chance to speak briely Tony Clemons..and Tom. Then, had to hit the rode back to South Carolina, to beat the Daytona "surge".

..missed "fireglock" @ the range. Missed you. See you soon.

..and I think I missed the masses of the sidearmor crew. See you guys in SC.

7. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I had fun for sure. My whole worldview flipped over though. I fired 4 categories on Saturday after my range duties slowed down. My normal plan is to shoot the early categories like competition to get into the rhythm for my team scores. Usually my first match is a throw away and the good scores progress. Did not happen. I did not break 100 at all and my scores went from bad to worse in perfect order. All shot with my G26.

Sunday was another day. I finished up RO'ing and paid up to shoot UM. Used a G17 with adjustable sights that I had traded for on Friday and had no history with. Ran the course and did about an 86. Why not an 86 on my Team matches??? :( (Sorry guys.)

Thanks to all that helped me do my job as RO and the RO's that helped me shoot through to get back to work. It was a great day and Sunday’s weather was wonderful. A perfect example of Florida in winter.

I really enjoyed the GLOCK 37 I played with and want one for myself. I understand the local Florida Orange County Sheriffs Office will attempt to transition all the deputies currently carrying G21s in .45ACP and G22s in .40S&W to the same pistol and caliber. Everyone will carry the .45GAP. I do not want to be left behind!

Last but not least I want to thank a combination of people. Scott and GSSF for taking care of lunch for the ROs and the caterer that had the best damn sausage dogs in town! The Police Explorers that help us out on my 5 to GLOCK range on Saturday were super and I really appreciate them being there. Brian and I ran our explorers through the 5 to GLOCK course a couple of times and they had a blast. Maybe some new blood down the road for GSSF.

Sorry for the long winded tale... "Ya’ll come back, ya heah"
    :)

8. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Orlando 2004

First, I want to say what a great tip it was from North West Florida. The folks I traveled with as always where Great,(Dan,Don,and Bobby) thanks for another great tip. A great big thank you to Bobby's son for getting us the rooms.;c ;c

Second, Thank you to Mike for a great dinner Friday night. No one could have asked for a better one.;?

Third, Thank you to the GSSF staff (Scott, Jackie and Vicky) and all the RO's for a great second years match. The weather held off and everything ran smoothly. It all kicked off about 9:30 and I finished about 1:00 under the threat of sprinkles.;Y ^1

Fourth, I shoot better than my normal average's
    AM/Civ- 104.xx
    Stockmeister- 96.xx
    Unlimited Master- 81.XX

The room party Sat. night was a blast^c Jerry and Don T. stayed for the pizza party and everyone had a great time. (keep healing Jerry) Now on to Anderson,SC next month hope to see everyone there.

Pharaoh

9. noway

noway

I shot 2guns on sunday, the clouds broke loose and the sun came out for the 1hr it took me to go thru 3 COFs. Compared to last year high winds and backlog on every stage except the plates it was done in less than 1hr. I sign in around 0900 and was done in my truck handling south at 10:18. Not bad and every stage was a breeze with nobdoy inline waiting.

It was great to see somebody had a BBQ-stand available, it would be nice to see more concession at the match.

[Congrats] RO/So where right on this year and where well organized.

A few question? what's the deal with the sign clipboard? is that to monitor shooters and to help recalled shooters signned in the longest? Is this now the std for all GSSF matches?

excuse my questions, but I only made one match this year and just curious.

10. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

The sign in board has replaced the score sheet dropoff at this time. I understand from Scott that a new tape with updated rules will go into production soon. As a RO for the 2nd Orlando match I appreciated the sign in sheet as it was much simpler to go down the list of names and line out the finished competitors as they were accomodated. Shuffling sheets were a big problem in the past I gather.

It works the same as the sheet dropoff names called in order and if not present passed over till the first available shooter is on the line with a on deck shooter and hole shooter. Start over from the top as needed.

11. noway

noway

12. Ken Dunham

Ken Dunham

This match seemed lightly attended to me, or was it just the time of day on sunday when I shot?

13. noway

noway

from the folks I talked to, alot of shooters showed up on sat. I was surprise on sunday pulling into the parking lot that most of the cars their where that of RO/SOs and other staff. I think around 0900 their might have been 3-4 shooters total.

If my score sheet #s had any bearing on total entries, then you are right in that this event was lightly attended.

14. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Went their Sat around Noon. Brought a local youth from Orlando to his first match of ANY type. I wish to thank the ROs for all thier help. They took the time to go over stuff with him (I told him to ask EVERYTHING and he did.) They even loaded his spare mag between stages so he didn't have to place gun down and top off mags. (I asked but understand they only want shooter/staff near firing line) They (except for insistance of not changing grip for dumping mag) were very patient. He has trouble with his shooting grip dumping mag. The RO got upset when he adjusted it a few degrees... The lady RO told the guy to cool it and things were fine.
    I got him talked into changeing from his dad's G23 (Sheriffs dept) to my G19 for 5 to glock. I think it really helped him.
    Next year I bet he will shoot the Jacksonville and Orlando with his dad. I met one team Sidearmor member there. Dan I think. I was rather busy and he was on the go as well. Got done just before rain.

15. G29 Man

G29 Man Harpin' Millennium Member

Me and Mrs. G29 went and had a great time as usual. I shot terrible on Sat. doing a 200.xx in stockmeister and a 203.xx in Am/Civ. I switched to 9mm in subcompact on Sunday and shot a 115.45. My best time ever. So I had to go buy a new 17 yesterday for Anderson. Hopefully I will do even better with the full size in 9mm. My wife knocked another 30 seconds off her time and did a 288.xx. We had dinner out on Friday with the group and enjoyed some pizza on Sat. Thanks for everything guys and gals and I look forward to seeing you all in Anderson. Nice seeing you again Jerry and you are still in our prayers. Keep getting better:)

Brian and Tanya