close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Orlando 2010 Debriefing & Photo Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Feb 13, 2010.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories and photos here. Wish I were in Orlando with Y'all!

2. Jon_R

Jon_R

My daughter (14) and I had a good time. It went pretty quick. We fired our last shot by 11am. It was our first GSSF match. We are both USPSA and IDPA shooters and I should have looked more at how a glock match is scored. For one I needed to aim lower. The targets I am used to shooting at the 0 or A zone is much higher then a Glock target. I also should have focused more on getting center hits. IDPA focuses on good hits and you miss a target in IDPA you loose 2.5 seconds. GSSF you loose 10 seconds. :) I only had one miss but my Glock M raw time was 19 seconds then add 10 seconds for one miss.....

It was cold a little windy and the ground was pretty sloppy.

It was a good time I shot Am Civilian (19) and Competition (17).

Scores as you can see penalties killed us.

G19 Am Civ
    5 To Glock 40.58
    Plates 28.80
    Glock M 34.40
    Total 103.78
    Raw Time 67.78
    Penalty 36

G17 Comp
    Glock M 59.33
    Plates 21.95
    5 to Glock 43.39
    Total 124.67
    Raw Time 57.67
    Penalty 67

Allie G17
    Plates 49.03
    5 To Glock 32.46
    Glock M 67.53
    Total 149.02
    Raw Time 109.02
    Penalty 40

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010

3. DannyR

It always helps to paste targets before you shoot a stage.:wavey:

4. Jon_R

Jon_R

I saw the targets but when when you shoot 300-400 rounds a month at IPSC/IDPA targets it is hard to modify you point of aim. Either way it was fun.

5. njl

njl Crusty Member

We can still use the target pasting help. I worked one of the Glock-M's today, and it took a while before the shooters started pitching in with the pasting. The faster we get the targets pasted (after scoring), the faster everyone gets to shoot.

Even with a few RO's at each stage, we need pasting help.

Anyone who reads this, if you're shooting Sunday, help paste while you're not shooting or loading mags. With 2 or 3 volunteer pasters at a stage, you can probably cut our between shooters time in half.

6. njl

njl Crusty Member

BTW, this morning, I RO'd for a gentleman who was wearing "special glasses". He started fooling with them just before loading his gun and I thought they were those sun glasses with the built-in MP3 player, so I asked "are you going to shoot to music?" He said no, these have a camera in them. His glasses had a pinhole digital video camera right between the eyes, which he said could record up to 3 hours of video.

If you're reading this, I'd love to see what the video looks like.

7. Jon_R

Jon_R

I started on Glock-M's and was the first shooter in the bay. Might have been your bay. Myself and my daughter. We tried help out for a while when we finished before the bay started getting lots of other shooters waiting to shoot then we moved on to 5 to Glock.

Good to keep moving anyways. It was cold and wet out there.

8. njl

njl Crusty Member

On the bright side, at least it wasn't raining. The people who setup yesterday must have had fun...cold and raining all day. I only worked a half day today...and the sun had finally just come out from behind thick cloud cover shortly before I left. It actually made scoring the targets a little harder.

Will anyone have a 21SF that I could try out (maybe on the club plate rack) on Sunday?

9. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

NJL, don't have a 21SF but will have a 30SF you can try if it's of interest to you.

10. weagle

weagle

Anyone take any pictures?

Weagle

11. garageman

garageman

I attended my first GSSF match today (with a friend) in Orlando and we had a blast! Everyone was very nice and helpful and I enjoyed shooting all the stages. The armorer went through my G19 and my friends G17 and replaced any parts as needed and we were impressed!

We look forward to the next match that we can attend.

12. G21H30

G21H30

Are these the "special glasses" you were talking about
    http://www.ocularcam.com/index.html

13. njl

njl Crusty Member

14. JoNxMeMpHiS

JoNxMeMpHiS

I'm a competition noob and it's very hard to get up to date info on shooting sports for some reason. Where are you shooting and when? I'd love to get into it but I think I need a guide. :supergrin:

15. DannyR

Map is available at www.gssfonline.com and you may join at register at 9:00am until about 2:00pm Sunday/

16. JoNxMeMpHiS

JoNxMeMpHiS

Not sure if that reply is for me. I understand the GSSF because they have an informative and updated site. I can't really afford to travel out of state that often and was inquiring more about the IPSC/IDPA shoots. I can't find a site with easy to read info or that isn't 3 years out of date.

17. Blacula

Blacula

Take a look here:

Central Florida Rifle & Pistol Club IDPA

I'll try to remember to bring my camera and take some photos after shooting my two divisions tomorrow. Looking forward to it as always!

18. EDBSO

EDBSO

Setup day wasn't as cold as yesterday but the rain was a great motivator to get the stages setup! I only saw a couple of people with camera's. Maybe there'll be more today. I'll probably be grading the plates again today, yesterday was fun and with only one equipment malfunction (one plate needed adjusting) we ran smooth all day. Unfortunately for me I'm out of hand warmers but I thought it better to try and help out the shooters. Everyone I met was very friendly. Good day to be out there even though it was cold!

19. Jon_R

Jon_R

I do most of my shooting at Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club in Palm Bay and I am the match director of 3-Gun. You can PM me if you would like to come to our matches and I can help you get started in IDPA/ USPSA/ or 3-Gun.

http://www.pmrpc.com

http://www.pmrpcidpa.com

The range that is holding the GSSF match this weekend also has those sports as does the range in Titusville so if you want to try them there are lots of options. If you really into one you can to all the ranges and shoot every weekend somewhere.

20. Mrs Glockrunner

Mrs Glockrunner

Bob and I are back home, looking at the snow left over in our yard here in Summerville, SC. We had a great time in Orlando, glad to see old friends, and happy to meet new ones.

Although I had one bad string at the plates, I shot my 2nd personal best. What a thrill to do well! Bob shot well, too, so we were both happy.

The weather on Saturday was certainly less than desirable. Windy, damp, and chilly. But once the sun did finally peek through the clouds, it became nice.

Many thanks for the hard work of the GSSF gang, another fine job. I also want to thank all of the RO's for their hard work and dedication to getting shooters through in a timely manner.

We're looking forward to Morganton, and seeing more old and new friends.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010