Orlando 2008 Results

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by gpsdiesel, Feb 12, 2008.

1. gpsdiesel

gpsdiesel Senior Member

Prelims are up. Congrats to all, some great scores out there!

2. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

WOW! I suck.... :uglylol:

But I had a freakin' ball!!!

3. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

It just makes you want to work harder. Con/Grats to everyone. This was some fine shooten!

Pharaoh

4. damien

damien Not the Omen

Had a great time too. A great weekend, had family time Friday and Sat. at Universal Studios, and capped it off with the match. I definitely am going to work harder for next year. It was my second year. I did my best overall time with the sub compact class (got my personal best time), but tanked in am civ, major sub and competition class (times were worse than last year). The fun part is my team placed first place in civilian class, but don't tell anyone there was only one civilian class team. My buddies and I are psyched for next year. We're already planning. Some day we'll get Team Carver times.

Pharoah, happy belated birthday. I didn't get to meet you formally, but I was squadded with the lady guardian shooter Marilyn (she had a G34). Next year, I'll formally introduce myself. I was the Asian guy in the grey Gap hat.

Congrats to all the shooters. GLW is my idol.

5. njl

njl Crusty Member

Wow...remember when it took weeks to get results. Now we get near instant embarrassment. :)

At least I made page 1 of AmCiv...rusty as I am. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a random award.

6. SMLR

SMLR

Congratulations to everyone and a special thanks to all the ROs who did a great job of keeping things moving and running a great match.

7. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Well a random prize will I hope for in Unlimited, the RO did not right down my 25 yd target score and I did not check my score sheet. Thus I come home with 6 misses and 60 seconds added to my total.

A VERY GOOD LESSON LEARNED. CHECK YOUR SCORE SHEET WELL BEFORE YOU MOVE TO THE NEXT STAGE.

Pharaoh

:shocked:

8. sailor

sailor

Ouch! Thanks for sharing that. That is a lesson better learned from someone else's misfortune. I am sure looking forward to shooting some with you Florida fellows this year. Hope you are feeling better.

Mike J.

9. njl

njl Crusty Member

It's an easy mistake to make. With the excitement of the match, and the more considerate shooters basically in a hurry to shoot their stage and then vacate the line so the next shooter can play, it's easy to forget to carefully go over the paperwork at the end and make sure everything was recorded properly...especially if you're shooting multiple categories back to back.