close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Orlando 2006 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Feb 18, 2006.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Enter your stories here.

2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Ok folks spill the beans! Say something. Even how the weather is or something.

Pete

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i got a sunburn, with my sunglasses off i look like a racoon.

the left popper on the M seemed to not want to fall with good hits, from me and other shooters. don't let jerry anywhere near a roll of target pasters. if jerry does get near the pasters remember to load 11 rounds not 10. there was a definate lack of port-a-potties at the range. saw my first armadillo. ran into a rim fire rifle shooter on the rifle range that knows my dad, a rim fire rifle shooter. finially met my team mates on Indy Glockers Team I after shooting with them at 3 other matches. didn't seem like there were alot of people there, no big waits or lines.

4. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Well like Ed said, there was a lack of bathroom facilites, no water for the RO's, no food at the range and is was a pretty warm day! I RO'ed the first 5 to Glock bay all day. We closed for lunch break at 1:30 and I went and shot through so I could get back and open the 5 to Glock. The GSSF team had some mechanical trouble just short of getting to the range on Thursday......the truck blew a clutch!;Q
    All in all not to bad a day. I think there was 220+ entries for the day and we finished up around 5:00 PM.

Dan:cool:

5. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Who am I kidding it's 9 degrees outside I'm still in Va.

Oh well, Hi anyway Guys. Lethal & Mrs

6. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

I got home from Las Vegas (Gunny Match) and Phoenix Friday afternoon and Saturday morning I got up to find a temperature of -20 outside......I only wish I was in Orlando! :)

;?

7. SirDaniel

SirDaniel

I just returned home from my first GSSF match.

What a wonderful time. I was quite anxious as to what would happen and hoped I would not embarrass myself.

As in all my dealings with GLOCK, I was impressed with the professionalism of the officials there, especially the gentleman manning the registration computer as my pre-registration never made it to the match.

I was pleased with the organization and my compliments to the host club. (Please obtain some Porta-Potties next year for us old shooters!) :)

The one blemish on an otherwise perfect experience was a certain range officer who, upon seeing my status as a Challenged shooter, chose to make a sarcastic remark in a most unwelcome tone of voice. Sir, please understand that not every handicap manifests itself in a way that may be apprent to you. I hope you never have to face a physical handicap as you travel down life's road. I'm sure this person was expressing his own personal opinion and not that of anyone else associated with the match. I certainly hope so.

All in all, a great day. I'll beeeee baaaaaack.

dan :)

8. G29 Man

G29 Man Harpin' Millennium Member

I had a great time at the match. All in all it was what I have come to expect from a GSSF match. I shot my best time yet of 92.23 am civ and had a great time at the dinners with good friends. Thanks everyone.

Brian and Tanya

9. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

A few rough spots. Still had a great time and shot some of my best scores ever. It's always great to see old friends and meet new friends.

10. DeLandSkyjumper

DeLandSkyjumper Play'naNewGame

Some buddies from my club and I shot this morning. For myself, everything just seemed to come together today and I shot my best score ever in AC(finally breaking 100)and made for a great day. Bye the time I shot the plates, I decided to shoot a little on the concervative side and paid off and ended up with a 75.37. Actually I think it was due to wearing my new lucky hat. yee-ha.

My only regret was not requesting a reshoot w/ my 24C at least on the plates, I had a stovepipe going into the last plate of my fourth mag, really killed the time on my last run. I actually thought that I had run dry w/ slidelock and then noticed the jam, got'r cleared and dropped the last plate. Also had several FTF's through out the match with it which added on a few extra seconds. Ended up with a 92.35 in UL.

Also want to extend another thankyou to the Glock Armorer's for taking care and restoring my hazordous, chemically, overly gooped G36 ;f , it looks like a brand new gun. Promise I'll keep it dry.

Jerry, it was a pleasure meeting and talking w/ you today. When I heard you say that you brought "Blue", I thought to myself, that's gotta be Jerry. Hope you guys did good this weekend.

I think my head is still above the clouds. Definately glad I shot this weekend, came real close to deciding not to shoot Orlando.

11. mad scientist

mad scientist

Had a great day in the sun . The staff did a great job with what they had to work with.
    We flew in sat morning in a pipper 2 four seater single engine plane . what a ride the air was calm and the veiw was great at 7000
    .this was my first plane ride . what an adventure.
    team SJC was represented with 3 entries to the match :myself , Randy , and Angus all of us shooting master unlimited.
    I dont know what the others shot (we had to shoot and scoot) but I had my personal best of 51.29. I keep forgeting about the acuracy part. with 10 seconds in penalties I should slow down a bit???
    Johnnie

12. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

At 1:30 PM friday the GSSF trailer arrived at the club being pulled by a towtruck! We got started with the setup and I scooted home to get the little one from school. Friday night I headed for the dinner at TGIF with the wife and little one in tow. Yes I had the family with the balloon swords atacking Mr Glock FL.:)

Saturday I worked the 5 to GLOCK in the back corner all morning. After lunch I worked the GLOCK M in the same area. It was a blast watching all and helping a few. :) The weather Saturday was bright clear blue skies and the day was spectacular. Sunshine and warm. SUNBURN!!!

Sunday was another great day and we had a good supply of RO's. The weather was a little cloudy and overcast as the day wore on. Perfect gun sight viewing conditions. Not to warm but not cold either. I was back at the back corner 5 to GLOCK to run RO's through as they were relieved to keep the other lines going. I ended up shooting 6 entries myself! Fun had by all.

We had the entire range broken down and packed in the trailer by 4PM. 310 entries shot by the approximate count for the two days. Missed the record by 10.

Our head GSSF club coordinator promised he would insure the port-a-lets would be ordered early next year AND the match dates were moved a week earlier to avoid conflicts with the Daytona 500 and the USPSA state match in Frostproof FL. I am already looking forward to next year. :)

13. DeLandSkyjumper

DeLandSkyjumper Play'naNewGame

So that was you at Glock M today, I believe I shot rite behind the first 2 guns you shot.

14. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I was the round fellow! :)

I watched you shoot a pair of entries as well. :)

15. Cbass1187

Cbass1187

Why would they do that????

That was the biggest reason myself and 5 others went to Florida this year and last, to "Kill two birds with one stone!!"

I really hope they don't move the match b/c of the Florida Open, but if they do, I will have to miss the GSSF match by one week:(:(:(

16. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I feel your pain BUT for many it is a one or the other option. Many of our RO's were in Frostproof thus leaving us short. Many others were worried about the expense and travel to try to get two different disciplines in on one weekend. I for one have renewed my USPSA membership and would look forward to shooting the match while still being able to help set-up, work and teardown the Orlando GSSF match.

We will see how it goes but the official word is it is being moved up a week.

17. triggerpresser

triggerpresser

One of the RO's at the 'M' told me that the match would be moved one week earlier next year. An attempt to avoid conflict with Daytona, I think. But the 'Bud Shootout' is the week before, so will this really help???

18. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

Speed Week is a consideration but the Daytona 500 is THE draw. A week earlier for the match would have more open rooms and rental cars in the Orlando area as well as avoiding some traffic issues AND allow some die hard 500 fans to shoot the match before they get completely wrapped up in the race festivities. Many local club members are race fans and their choice is easy...the race.

I have a new shooter friend that wanted to shoot the match but as a news photographer he had to work the race. Many others are in similar straits.

19. mr glock-fl

mr glock-fl

Hi,

It was a good weekend even with the "glitches", weather was good(sun burned on sat and cool on sun), the port-a-pots will be ordered(even my mentor Rob can make Boo Boo's).

Enjoyed watching Bob Carver shoot-I got to get you to help me with the plates some time. Having this on a different weekend will be nice since I can not shoot the Fl Open unless they do and it is murder for rooms for our traveling groups not to mention willl free up our ipsc shooter Ro's to help. It was realy good to see every one Thanks "old man " for the sandwich on Sat!!!!

Thanks to all who came
    ;a

Mike
    Missed ya Pharoh#wav

20. gpsdiesel

gpsdiesel Senior Member

My first GSSF event (acutally my first comp). Now I am asking myself why I did not go to one of these sooner. Safe, shooter friendly, RO's where there to help and made it very comfortable for a newbie. The Glock staff really are there to help you with your weapon as well.
    I checked that out as well.

Only one question, when are the scores posted?

Thanks GSSF for a great weekend.