Oregon: SO It Begins: FBI uses RFL to seize guns from former Marine

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by The Shadow, Sep 1, 2019.

1. The Shadow

The Shadow

The FBI exercised Oregon's new "red flag" law to confiscate firearms from a former Marine who allegedly said he would "slaughter" antifa protesters at a demonstration in Portland earlier this month, according to the Oregonian.

In July, Shane Kohfield threatened to kill antifa members who he feared would take up arms against right-wing activists. He made the threats on a loudspeaker while donning a "Make America Great Again" baseball cap with a knife and a copy of his concealed carry permit strapped to both shoulders.

"If antifa gets to the point where they start killing us, I’m going to kill them next," Kohfield said outside of Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler's home. "I’d slaughter them, and I have a detailed plan on how I would wipe out antifa."

FBI's Joint Terrorism Task responded within days to seize all of Kohfield's weapons. Agents cited the red flag law to temporarily confiscate the guns, though Kohfield had not committed a crime.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...mer-marine-who-threatened-to-slaughter-antifa

Since when does the FBI have the authority to enforce state law? What crime did this man commit other than exercising his Constitutional right to free speech? When is the FBI going to start taking the weapons from all the ANTIFA terrorists that have not only made threats but committed actual violence?

This is what Trump and the NRA wants to force up our arses!

Terry

SabbathBlack likes this.
  2. Blanton

Blanton

A). Its Itt begining it's happening regularly

2. Regardless of constitutionality they're here until decided otherwise. When someone says, "... and I have a detailed plan on how I would wipe out Antifa" that's just foolish at this time.

The smart money says be a gray man, defend yourself like any other time and keep your mouth shut. Don't show anyone your cards....

3. The Shadow

The Shadow

Good thing these guys didn't:

“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.”

Thomas Jefferson

“Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion for the defence of the country, the over-throw of tyranny, or in private self-defense.”

John Adams

“The period of debate is closed. Arms, as the last resource, decide the contest...The blood of the slain, the weeping voice of nature cries, ’tis time to part.”

Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

“As Britain began to use force, it seemed absolutely necessary that we should be prepared to repel force with force. It is a true old saying that make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you.”

Benjamin Franklin

I guess the King should have red flagged them huh?

Terry

4. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sorry but if someone uses the term "slaughter" and threatens to kill people they are too stupid to own firearms, regardless of their actual intentions (which we cannot know). Gotta be smarter than that.

He was also committed for 20 days. 20 days.

Did he get his guns back yet?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    pjanthony, redrick and slamdunc like this.
  5. SK2344

SK2344

What a stupid thing to say! By now, anyone with half a brain should know to keep their mouth SHUT!

SabbathBlack, pjanthony and slamdunc like this.
  6. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

“If Antifa gets to the point where they start killing us, I’m going to kill them next," Kohfield told a crowd, according to the Oregonian. “I’d slaughter them, and I have a detailed plan on how I would wipe out Antifa.”
    If there's any doubt in his mind why his weapons were confiscated, he wasn't listening to his own gums flapping. He should have been a lot more vague OR even better, just waited until Antifa attacked him then took care of business without giving away his "detailed plan".

SabbathBlack likes this.
  7. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

In 1776 things were a little different as we were engaging in a war with a monarchy. The words of Mr. Kohfield aren't inspiring and sound more like someone letting his mouth write checks that his ass can't cover.

8. The Shadow

The Shadow

So, are we now all content to allow the government to define for us what is and isn't our right to say? Nowhere in my copy of the Constitution does it grant the government the authority to limit my God given, natural rights. I guess if it's okay for them to limit what we can say then it must be okay for them to limit what arms we can keep and bear. Oh wait............. they already do. [​IMG]

Terry

SabbathBlack likes this.
  9. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

If he was involuntary committed for twenty days, isn’t he a prohibited from possession of a firearm anyway?

pjanthony and TeaDub like this.
  10. Danielsuzuki

Danielsuzuki Happiness is where you find it

I have no desire to follow in the foot steps of those like Nelson Mandela. It’s tough to fight tyranny from prison. Everyone does they’re own thing - as always; for myself and my family, grey man.

pjanthony and slamdunc like this.
  11. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

Words to live by.

pjanthony and Danielsuzuki like this.
  12. jonb32248

jonb32248

So maybe being on gun forums is going to be looked at as being a violent person or such? Because they will seize my computer and see what I follow? I see the good advice in being invisible.

SabbathBlack likes this.
  13. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon Silver Member

“And so it begins”???? Yet ANOTHER idiot reflecting poorly on firearm owners.

Flame suit on: these guys are providing fodder for these laws. When will this moronic behavior end? Rhetorical.

OP- be mad at this guy, don’t defend him.

Side note: What’s his GT I.D?

nmk, pjanthony, dudel and 2 others like this.
  14. The Shadow

The Shadow

I'm not defending what he said or how he said it, I'm defending his RIGHT to say it. What crime did he commit that justified the government confiscating his guns without due process first? He said IF they start killing us, THEN we'll start killing them. He made no threat against any individual. I bet if I searched this forum I would find plenty of posts saying virtually the same thing. I guess any of you that have ever said or posted anything similar need your guns taken away, right? The only crime he committed was wearing a MAGA hat while he said it.

Terry

15. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

I wouldn't want to be associated with a guy who shot his mouth off like that. It's hard to understand what he hoped to gain by that behavior. If nothing else, he turned public opinion against lawful gun owning citizens.

Flash

16. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

He committed no crime; if it were 1983, nobody would have even batted an eye. With the number of active shooter situations being what it is (I've lost count this year) the thought police are rolling proactive.

It is best to not give them any reason to try out these new red-flag laws AND it's so easy to fly under their RADAR. I totally believe in the US Constitution and the civil rights that it protects, but with times being what they are, this guy played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.

Hopefully, he will get his due process, the agents will be satisfied that he was a mouth-boxer, that he poses no threat, and he'll get his guns back.

SabbathBlack likes this.
  17. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon Silver Member

He didn't do anything illegal. He is though, impetuous, irresponsible and he reflects poorly on the rest of "us". I think the thread title should read "moronic big-mouth gets guns taken away".

pjanthony and dudel like this.
  18. The Shadow

The Shadow

And yet his guns were confiscated.

So, being a moronic big mouth is now justification to confiscate property and deny someone their Constitutional rights? Are you okay with that? An awful lot of folks on an awful lot of gun forums, including this one, are in big trouble if that's the case!

Everyone seems to be overlooking the main point here. An American just had his guns confiscated and his 1st, 2nd and 4th amendment rights violated for talking!

Terry

SabbathBlack and syntaxerrorsix like this.
  19. dudel

dudel

He wasn't arrested or incarcerated for what he SAID. His guns were removed UNTIL he can prove that he's not a danger to others. (as I understand the RFL). If he can demonstrate that, he should get his guns back. Maybe he'll learn that you can't yell fire in a crowded theater.

SabbathBlack likes this.
  20. msb45

msb45

FBI can't find Antifa terrorists who post violent threats AND carry them out. Right wing guy spouts off and he gets 20 day involuntary eval. Once again two justice systems in action.

SabbathBlack likes this.