Oregon shooter said to have singled out Christians for killing

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Geko45, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

steveksux likes this.
  2. Dave514

Dave514

3. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Any word on history of mental illness or violence prior to this? Warning signs?

Randy

4. Dave514

Dave514

Some information the Ahole posted on his blog and more at:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/umpqua-community-college-shooting-chris-harper-mercer/
    A neighbor of the man who went on a deadly shooting rampage at an Oregon college, killing nine people, said he "seemed really unfriendly."

Bronte Hart lived below 26-year-old Chris Harper Mercer in the community of Winchester. She said Mercer would "sit by himself in the dark in the balcony with this little light."......

In one post on the blog about Vester Flanagan, the man who killed the reporter and cameraman in Virginia, Mercer apparently wrote, "I have noticed that so many people like [Flanagan] are alone and unknown, yet when they spill a little blood, the whole world knows who they are. A man who was known by no one, is now known by everyone. His face splashed across every screen, his name across the lips of every person on the planet, all in the course of one day. Seems like the more people you kill, the more you're in the limelight."

An online dating profile that appears to belong to Mercer lists his hobbies and interests as "Internet, killing zombies, movies, music, reading." Under ethnicity, it says "mixed race" and his relationship status says "single -- never married."

The profile also says he is currently in college and lives with his parents, is a Republican and not religious. It also says he doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs.

One of the groups on the site that he belongs to is called "Doesn't Like Organized Religion."

Sounds like a nutball looking to be "famous".

5. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

I don't think anyone who frequents these threads is ignorant to the fact that this is a violent world with violent people who come from all walks of life and from any form of faith or lack thereof. The best we can do is to try to cultivate a peaceful, ethical society that values human life while at the same time being a prepared society willing to take it if necessary.

Not an easy thing to do.

nmk and Geko45 like this.
  6. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Geko45 likes this.
  7. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

Wow. I'm rather familiar with Roseburg. My Grandparents lived there for years. It's really a quiet, idyllic town. If I was interested in moving back to Oregon, Roseburg would have been my first choice.

What is it with all these sicko's? If you're gonna shoot a bunch of people and then force the police to kill you, why don't you just start with yourself first?