close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ordering Glock parts online

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Kiddo, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Kiddo

Kiddo

Hey BOGs! Has anyone ever tried ordering Glock parts online? If so, wala ba nawala sa mga items? From which site did you order?

I am thinking of ordering Meprolights and a couple of spare parts for my G19. Just this morning sa range, we had a club funshoot and at the last stage, tumama yung front sight ko sa ibabaw ng port at nahulog!

Thanks in advance. :)

2. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

There's about 1500 to 2000 pesos difference between nightsight prices from the net and from local gunstores. I personally would pay the extra 2k just to avoid the hassle and expense of international shipping. Daming mepros and trijicons sa MCS!

My 2centavos lang naman.:)

3. Kiddo

Kiddo

Thanks for replying bikethief! My only concern with local tritium sights are their manufacturing date since I've read that tritium has a 12-year halflife. Do you know how to determine when Meprolights have been manufactured? TIA. :)

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

kiddo,

unfortunately, there is no way to do that. the fa dealer should know, yun nga lang..trust is an issue

5. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

I agree with BikeThief, rather than wait months, just go over to MCS and buy it from Twin Pines...isn't there a date of manufacture on the packaging though?

If you really want to get it from overseas, have a relative buy it for you and then Fedex it to you...this will cost you a pretty penny though.

6. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Just don't forget to instruct to your relative NOT to list the package as GUN PARTS on the lading bill.

"Machined Parts Samples" works best.

7. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

I started seeing this new batch of Trigicons in MCS just a few months ago. Their packaging looks new and are probably less than a year old. You can always email trigicon to confirm the batch number and date of production. Either way, if it lasts only ten tears hindi ka na lugi dun. I have mepros on my 19 and love them. Ang dali pa hanapin ng baril mo sa gabi!

8. Kiddo

Kiddo

Unfortunately I am not located in Manila and the selection of tritium sights here are limited to Meprolights. I know Trijicons have a date stamp on them, don't Meps have them too?

Edit to add: Anyone know if MCS ships orders or do they only sell over the counter?

9. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

Problema when you order online, pwedeng lumusot pwede ring hindi. You also add the shipping costs and sometimes commissioner's costs (excuse po sa mababait ng customs). Gusto mo ipa-order mo sa iyong friendly neigborhood gunstore para wala kang problema.

10. KevlarSix

KevlarSix Senior Member

A year ago, I ordered an Aimpoint HKLPA mount which costs around $105. Had to pay 3000 pesos for the Certification of Payment from Customs before FedEx would release the package to me.

A month ago, I ordered a Streamlight HK mount for only $18 and DHL delivered it to me without any hassle.

I think it's the declared value of the package which Customs check before deciding if it's taxable.

KevlarSix

11. Kiddo

Kiddo

I read before that below $100, you dont have to pay tax duties to the customs. Does that still hold true for now?

12. KevlarSix

KevlarSix Senior Member

I think it still holds true unless someone here in this forum might think otherwise and enlighten us.

KevlarSix

13. jasonub

jasonub

i think its now 50 dollars

14. Kiddo

Kiddo

Now that sucks. Tritium sights go for $80 each more or less. Could anyone confirm the new $50 rule?

15. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

try dawson precision, dun last purchase ko ng sights, global priority ginamit ko not fed-ex(too expensive). sights cost $120+, funny thing is, thrice this happend, wala tao sa bhay, the mailman left a note at our & gate returned the package sa post office, i picked it up nalang the following day

16. Kiddo

Kiddo

Mr. Big, when did you order these items from dawson precision? Did you pay for tax duties when you got your package from the post office?

17. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

naku, mga march na yung whole set, $121, i still have the reciept, $12.50 sa shipping, then nasira yung FO inserts ko, i ordered some with t-shirt, pero it was less than $50(may), then another package from wolf, more than $50(june), all sa post office ko kinuha, parang nagiging honest na mga mailmen natin;) btw may online traking din sila

18. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

Mr_Big,
    where are you from? different post offices have different results. most of them not so good. thanks.

19. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

pque, yung post office malapit sa multinational, btw, may mga sites na may $100 cap like brownells, but it still depends on the parts

20. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

thanks very much. more power