close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

ordered my 1st gun - glock 19 with night sites - $445 - did i get a good deal?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by supadupamikey, Oct 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. supadupamikey

supadupamikey

hey guys,

after a few weeks of research, i decided to purchase a Glock 19 for home-protection, target practicing and concealed carry. i'm new to the area (as well as new to handguns) and i visited a few gun shops before deciding where to make my purchase. i ended up paying $545 for a new glock 19 with night sites (he had to order one with the NS). he is throwing in a zipper gun case, as well as, 50 rounds of practice ammo.

was that a good price?

i get to pickup the gun tomorrow after work. i still need to pick-up cleaning supplies; recommendations of what to get and where to get them? i also need to purchase ammo. and i'd like to get a couple 15 round magazines...

thanks guys!
    -mike :)

2. supadupamikey

supadupamikey

oh, btw, there was a $5 charge for background check, and after tax the total damage was like $582

3. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

I think that's a bit high but if you're happy that's all that counts. Be certain to test your 19 thoroughly with your carry ammo before trusting it. Some folks have had problems with their 19's. Do a search.

4. eotp

eotp

Hey Mike,

Congratulations on a great choice for a first gun!

I have two G19s and they are great shooters and carry guns. I've never had any trouble from either of the two that I have.

You're gonna love it.

5. Bogey

Bogey The Mouth® CLM

You'll love a Glock!!

Not familiar with Florida and pricing, but here in NC a G21 with fixed sights is around 515.00 plus tax. I figure with night sights on yours you got a pretty good deal. Night sights run between 60-150 if you do them aftermarket.

I just paid $540 for a G30..fixed sites. Found one online for $506, but then figure FFL fees and freight, I made out fine.

I think you can get decent deals locally, anywhere you live. I always feel that time is worth money, and if you spend hours and hours looking to "save" 30 bucks, you've lost.

6. supadupamikey

supadupamikey

thanks for the feedback ;b

7. Chopper Dave

Chopper Dave

Glock factory night sights (commonly abbreviated as GFNS) are $57 installed from Glock. Figure $10 shipping both ways.

New Glocks in this area (northern VA) are basically $500 even, so $545 isn't a bad deal at all.

Hope you got standard capacity magazines. :)

8. supadupamikey

supadupamikey

unfortunately, it came with 2 10round mags. i picked up an additional hi-cap mag for $22.50 though.

9. Chopper Dave

Chopper Dave

Just one? :) I've got six for mine. Yay for Natchez.

10. supadupamikey

supadupamikey

yeah, unfortunately, just one. i'm poor. hehe the gun at the gun shop said he'd sell me more for $22.50 each, which seems like a great deal since the cheapest i've found them online is $20 + shipping

i spent over $100 at walmart this past weekend as well. we picked up 2 sets of Silencio ear muffs, 2 pair of winchester shooting glasses (with yellow lenses), a pack of silencio ear plugs, a silicone gun rag, some gun scrubber and targets. oh yeah, and 3 boxes of winchester white box. i still need to pick-up some defensive ammo for home...

damn my expensive hobbies...

oh yeah, my girlfriend bought me a puppy for my bday and we spent well over $100 getting her toys, bones, toys, bones, more toys and more bones and a bed. she'll be ready to come home this coming weekend. yippee!

11. Bogey

Bogey The Mouth® CLM

Yes on the hobbies...but what the heck, it's only money.;f

What kind of puppy did you get? Can't have a gun without a dog you know!!

BTW, I kennel trained my pup when I brought her home. GREAT way to train a dog. House broken in a week, and it was her little castle to go be by herself when she got pooped out. She's been out of it for 3 years now (kept her in it for 1 1/2 years) but goes under the dining room table now to escape.

12. supadupamikey

supadupamikey

she's a doberman. she'll be 8 weeks old this saturday and we can pick her up, assuming our roommate will let us have her. she's not let us have a dog for the past 5 months... but, our house should be finished in the next 3 weeks and we'll be long gone. so, maybe she'll let us bend the rules for 2 weeks...

we plan to crate train her as well. not for punishment or anything like that (because then they will hate the crate), but, we'll have to put her in it while we're at work. we'll probably do it for like 1.5 years like you... just so she doesn't eat the couch one day while we're at work... ;-) once she's proven herself though, i'll take the door off the crate and let her come and go as she pleases.

13. Bogey

Bogey The Mouth® CLM

Cool. My Rottie/Lab mix was a big chew monkey. Kept rawhide bones for her to satisfy the cravings. She went through a ton of them. The only time she chewed a piece of furniture was when she was holding one between her paws under one of the dining roon chairs. She lost control for a second and when she regained it, she had one of the chair rungs between her mouth and the bone. Didn't get too far before I realized the "chewing noise" had changed. I went to investigate right away so not much damage at all.

Gotta love a 105 pound lap dog!