close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Orange Hi-caps mags at Waldorf

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by myglockisa23, May 19, 2002.

1. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

New orange hi-cap mags for the model 23 were selling for $50 ea. I was told by a armorer that these are the same quality as the black ones. Any info on these? These are not stamped LE only.

Dwaine

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

They are legal, preban training magazines, identical in quality to the black preban factory mags.

3. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Look at the range bags on the GSSF lines. You'll see most of the magazines are orange. They are the same as the black ones, just different colour. I've used them for just over a year now and cannot tell the difference. I put black baseplates on them so know they're all good and put an orange baseplate on the sole 10 rounder I have for mine.

The ones sold at Waldorf were FML ones, drop free. I was surprised to see that, I thought all of those were the non-drop-free ones. I think I'm going to have to pick up more now and have more than 12 orange magazines.

DanH

4. Bull.40

Bull.40 23 19 17

Hmmm, they were $60 at Dallas. Bummer

5. djsjd

djsjd

Can these be bought directly from a source - say on-line or by phone / mail? I'm interested in G20 mags, but the nearest match to me is ~350 miles away...

6. GoGlock

GoGlock

I talked with the sales staff there. They said that Glock gave them those orange mags to sell at the match. If you want anything AFTER the match it will NOT be at the $50 price tag. I asked him for other mags and he said that he could probably get them once back at the store but definitley not at the match price. Wish I was rich....
    Mark

7. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

The seller:
    Dominion Shooting Range Inc.
    106 Turner Road
    Richmond VA 23225
    804-276-2851

8. polymer

polymer GLOCK Armorer Millennium Member

After talking to the GLOCK reps at the matches, they said that the discount mags were only sold as a benefit for GSSF members that show up at the matches. They will deny sale to those who asked to buy in bulk and try to sell for a profit elsewhere. The only mags remaining are G20 and G23 mags (new ! ) Unfortunately, you need to go to a match to get them or have a buddy hook you up.

9. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

The intent was to provide these to the shooters present at the match. I was told the remaining mags were sent back to Glock. None are available through the vendor from Richmond.

D

10. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

I bought 2 for my G23. ANd I intend to replace the floorplates with black ones. I have 3 other orange ones from 2 yeasr ago for my G19/23/21 models. None of them have ever hiccuped on me (so far).

11. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

I changed the floor plate on one and it looks much better! I checked one site yesterday that wanted $130 for a new black model 23 mag!!!!!I'll keep the 6 I have. The bright orange comes in handy when you misplace one!

Dwaine

12. faro

faro Rabble-rouser

I wonder how many they will let me buy for myself?

13. djsjd

djsjd

Hmmm. Sounds like Glock is being kind to the sponsors of the matches, and unloading mags at the same time. Anyone have a contact at Glock? May be interested in sponsoring a match myself - the mags would be of secondary interest of course;f .

14. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Sure, just find a location that can handle 450 entries over two days, has a minimum of 8 bays 25 yards deep, have about 30 volunteers and then call Chris Edwards for a date. Nothing to it. ;f Oh yeah the sponsors of the match don't sell the mags, it's the local Glock folks there to sell Glock stuff.

15. polymer

polymer GLOCK Armorer Millennium Member

faro,

I was told 3 per person but I think that was AFTER they were suspect ! :) I dont think there was a "rule" in place.

16. faro

faro Rabble-rouser

I suppose that I could accept that and spread the wealth a bit. Just as long they don't have any left at the end of the weekend...