Orange Crush on Tybee this past weekend

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by jbotstein1, Apr 24, 2012.

1. jbotstein1

jbotstein1

AKA "Black College Spring Break"

I live about 5 minutes from Tybee Beach, and this is the worst I've seen. Tybee is known as a low key fun place to go. It's not ritzy by any means, but people are respectful and tolerate many festivals throughout the year. Wonder why stereotypes exist...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dULuAOGhOEY"]Welcome to Orange Crush - YouTube[/ame]

That's not me in the video BTW. I'm not a huge environmentalist either, but geez.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. VC-Racing

VC-Racing General Flunky

Tagged

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. GotFour

GotFour

I grew up and lived on Tybee Island in the 50's,60's & 70's. I pretty much hated all tourists, carpet baggers and "beach goers" (excluding beach bunnies of course) during most of that period.....trashing of the beach had a lot to do with those feelings. We enjoyed the beach the most during the cold and windy months when the bastards were nowhere to be found!

4. cphilip

cphilip

I don't think anyone really minds the fact that college kids are self indulgent but at least sleep it off and come out the next day and help clean up. Perhaps this should go viral so they will see what they did while sober? And hopefully they will be embarrassed enough to organize some sort of effort next time. I hope so.

5. DGreno

DGreno FF/Paramedic Silver Member

In all honesty, my family and I have gotten to where we only visit Tybee in the off season. The tourists and college kids who only want to party and trash the place have made it unenjoyable anymore. It is a shame to have seen the beach the way it was left after Orange Crush. I have found that a short drive south to Jekyll Island is worth it.

6. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

I lived on Tybee Island as a kid. I also went to Savannah State for one year. I don't need any more infractions any time soon but I will say it's bad. Worse than most people can imagine.

7. MstrPara

MstrPara Go Loud.....

I lived on Wilmington Island for a couple of years......this is a damned shame

8. VC-Racing

VC-Racing General Flunky

This is one of the many reasons so many places shut down at Myrtle Beach during the black bike week. .

9. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

A guy Dad works with headed to Myrtle for Bike Week........ he just got the week wrong. He rolled in there during Black Bike Week and rode right back home. We still harass him over it some. It was the 1st year he got his bike.

10. BEER

BEER bad example

before anybody gets too crazy understand that this has nothing to do with color, this has to do with the mass idiocy that effects groups of people (of ANY color) larger than 50. this effect is doubled when said groups have no personal connection or responsibility for the property they are on or area they are in.

believe me, i've seen what convention centers look like sunday evening and monday morning after a big gun show leaves. and as we all know we gun owners are all perfect.

11. VC-Racing

VC-Racing General Flunky

Lol. Yeah , you got to want to be there . I've got family that lives there and they leave and hope for the best when they return.

12. edporch

edporch

Wow what a mess.

My aunt and uncle lived on Tybee for 14 years and just moved away last month.
    Was there to visit a couple of times and liked the place.

13. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Surprise, surprise... :upeyes:

Wonder if they found any EBT cards? :dunno::rofl:

14. dabigguns357

dabigguns357

So why don't they just ban spring festivals and spring break.Who cares about a bunch of stoked up,doped up teens and college students.Don't cater to them and they won't come back.

This is the same the thing the occupy movement did to major cities across the country,and i would bet the same people that were part of the occupy bowel movement were there for this party.

15. camelotkid

camelotkid non-believer

I was really hoping this thread was going to be about spotting a orange crush jeep wrangler on tybee island...this is just a shame

16. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

YEARS AGO me and friends rode our bikes to bike week, we to were on the wrong week . sitting at stop light , someone said " dude , anyone else notice ??"" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

we left also . rode up to carolina beach nc got a condo and chilled out for week . we always talk bout that week lol

sad note thou - as we were leaving a bad wreck car and bike . road closed for 2 hours , did not know til i got home it was nc police officer and girlfriend who got killed . i know all that was left was the bike motor on road . they hit head on at over 100 mph riding a wheelie smack right into a buick.

not to mention the 4 of us were the only bikers with helmets on . i mean real full faced helmets

17. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

seems pretty common, a friend of the family use to run a couple hotels in Myrtle Beach, they learned a lot very fast there.

18. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

I was actually planning on going there on vacation next year..... Wonder if it'll be cleaned up by then

19. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

common sense is not very common

20. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Yeah, ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Hope you'll understand if those of us who've seen it first hand doubt you.