close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Orange Crush (NY-2 Trigger spring)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cadillacguns, Apr 9, 2012.

1. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

OK so I been Glocking since the late 80's, I have never truely liked the 5lb coil spring and standard connector in my Glocks, I prefered the NY-1 and (+) connector, but Glock said that was a NO-NO, so I just went with the NY-1 and standard connector (not a fan of the (-) connector). Anyway just got a new to me 2.5 gen G-26 BRU prefix, and installed the NY-1 after first trying it with the original 5 lb spring:faint::embarassed:Blah.............didnt like either trigger pull. HMMMMMM about to do the .25 trigger job and was going to my Glock box fro the takedown tool, when I spotted a lone orenge colored plastic NY-2 , 12 lb trigger spring sitting all alone like a red headed stepchild.:dunno:Oh what the heck, i am going to the range again this weekend says I, so just for giggles and grins, why not give it a try, I hear its a terrible combination with a standard connector.

Anybody who has removed a 5lb coil spring or NY-1 knows how easy that is for an armchair gunsmith at the kitchen table, but (If there is an easier way LMK) getting that lil orange NY-2 installed is a BYATCH.

Anyway I got it in, reassembled and took it out to the range saturday and I'll be a Monkey's Uncle, no .25 cent trigger job needed, this sloppy POS trigger came out just (to me anyway) right. So the old addage is true, you just never know till you try, and all springs and things are different in your Glock or mine. Now I am not going out and changing the other siblings with NY-2's, but for now, a simple let me see what this will do worked for me!:wavey:

2. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Sounds like you like that revolver-type of trigger...I may just go try out one of those (the heaviest I currently have is NY1) to put into one of the guns for training/practice.

12 lbs is even heavier than a SIG DA pull, which is about 10 lbs on a smooth-face trigger. Are you using a smooth trigger? Or the stepped trigger with yours?

3. greenlion

greenlion

I understand why some people like the NY1 spring. It gives you a more consistent pull from the beginning of the pull, and feels a bit more like a revolver trigger pull. The NY2, on the other hand felt like overkill to me, and I can't see how it would not interfere with accuracy to fight such a heavy pull.

4. cadillacguns

Depends on the pistola I think, while the NY-1's work on all my other carries, on this particular G-26 the 5 lb spring and the NY-1 8lb just didnt cut it. On a lrk I tossed in the NY-2, felt good, worked fine. Just wanted to share.

5. JasonC8301

JasonC8301

I have the standard connector and ny2 in my 19 and 26. I do not like the trigger but per dept, I must have them in. I tried the + connector and ny2 in my second 19 and it was really bad. Glock tech at smyrna said don't do that so I went back to a - connector and competition glockmeister trigger spring.

6. greenlion

greenlion

I think there has to be a balance between:

1. Having a trigger pull that you can hit you intended target while pulling.

2. Having a trigger that is not so light that accidental discharge is likely during stress.

The NY1 with a standard connector is a good middle of the road compromise. I think the NY2 with standard connector makes you more likely to miss your intended target, also causing an unsafe situation.

7. scosgt

scosgt

My job mandated the NY-2 trigger (we were in NY!). IT SUCKED. As soon as I retired I yanked it out and put in the standard coil spring and never looked back.

But here is a trick for you. Try the orange plastic trigger but remove the spring that comes with it. Don't worry, you don't even need a trigger spring in a Glock. The ONLY thing the spring does it reset the trigger on a hold open on an empty mag. Otherwise all functions are the same with no spring at all.

Try the orange plastic without the metal spring. It gives a pretty nice trigger. All functions are intact and you cannot hurt anything.

FWIW guys in NYPD and other NY agencies used to do that all the time. At the annual the range Officers would field strip the gun to look for the orange trigger. But they never looked for the metal spring inside. And if they spotted it, the Officer would just play dumb - must have broke and fell out or something?

8. Eric2340

Eric2340 Infidel :)

Try the NY2 and a "-" / what they call now the 4.5 connector. I don't know if it'll help or not, but I unknowing ran one of my G21s like the for a while (I normally run the NY1 and the "-" / 4.5 conn in all my Glocks) and didn't even realize it when shooting it until I got home and field stripped it.

Anywho, if you're not a fan of the NY1 and 4.5 conn., give it a whirl. I really don't recommend it, but it might work?

9. Eric2340

Eric2340 Infidel :)

I had asked about this in another thread a while back, thinking I had heard this somewhere before.

I kind of like the idea of the slide locking open on an empty mag (even though I KNOW this is not the right way to run the gun), but I'm willing to do it to see how it feels.

Thanks! :)

10. scosgt

scosgt

The slide does lock open on an empty mag. With no spring at all, you have to cycle the slide when empty to get a trigger reset.
    With just the orange plastic, it all works normally but gives a pretty good trigger pull.

11. cadillacguns

It took it to the range and shot low groups, stuck it (G-26) in the glove box, back to the G-27 w/NY-1. What I normaly carry.

12. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Why would the NY-2 be harder to install than the NY-1? Unless I misread what you were saying.

13. scosgt

scosgt

It's not. Same thing