Registered
328 Posts
looking for thin 9mm for edc.

narrowed it down to the Glock 43 and Walther PPS M2

Not a big fan of the Shield or xds

thoughts?
recommendations?`
pros/cons
The Walther is a higher quality pistol and cost more__or used to. However, the G43 is
quality enough. If you can actually hold the Walther that should influence your choice.
With that said, I don't hold with a pistol made in Germany is better than one made in
America. A lot of people don't stop to look at history. We were making fine, really fine
rifles and pistols when we were a colony! That's a lot of experience. Dig up some of
those redcoats and wake'em up and ask them about what those Americans were using.
Especially those Kentucky and Pennsylvania long rifles.
My G43 was made in Austria. I'd have been just as satisfied if it hadn't been.
My Sig was made in New Hampshire and my two M&P Shields __in America.
Either one, Planet Ocean you'll enjoy. (I'm not going to suggest my choice.)
Stay safe.
Poli Viejo

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I really liked the original PPS, very comfortable carry and really straight shooter, but couldn't get around the manual of arms and the mag release. I went straight to the G43 from the XDS when the G43 hit the streets. I have a PPS M2 in the safe. I purchased it thinking that it would replace my G43. It has an extremely comfortable and ergo grip and carries about as well as the G43. For some reason, I decided with all the work and rounds to and through the G43, it would stay my primary. All of that being said, and the reliability of Glock not withstanding, I think you will be happier with the ergos of the PPS M2.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the ppsm2. had the g43. the ergos and trigger of the ppms2 were much better for me. so much so, my bil is a deputy sheriff, so much so i traded him the g43 for his off duty, for a g42 for the wife. the ppsm2 carries and conceals just as well as the g43. my opinion shoot both and see what u prefer. thats what i did. shot 100rnds thru both, and thru walther just was a better single stack 9mm for me

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Love my PPS M2 LE. You can spend more and get much less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I've had 3 Walther PPS M2s (2016) and 3 Glock 43s (2017). Like both guns.

I sold off my Walther PPS M2s after finding the pinning problem on the guns - if you go on the Walther Forum you can read about this problem. I then bought the 43s but have sold them off and returned to my 19 for my EDC gun.

I REALLY liked the Walther PPS M2, but the pinning problem was a no go for me. I REALLY like carrying the 43s and they fit my hand perfectly - I just didn't really enjoy shooting them.

·
Registered
7,537 Posts
I own both. Big difference is weight. Glock 18 0z. PPS 2.0 is 21 Oz. Also the Glock seems much easier to conceal than the Walther. The Walther does offer more of a variety of OEM mags 6,7 an 8 rounds. Glock OEM 6. I enjoy both but if I had to choose just one I would choose the Glock. Mostly because of ease of concealment and weight. The PPS weighs as much as a Glock 19. The PPS just seem bulkier. Never had any issues with either At least 1,000 rounds through each.

·
Registered
46 Posts
got both g43 and pps. shoot both . carry both . the walther has more quality; i can't say that for sure. the walther is a quality pistol, i have four walthers and i have four glocks.
austria and germany are neighbors. both 100 % reliable. choose whatever fits ur "absolute" needs the best .............then go shoot with confidence.....

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I got a PPS M2 in a trade, and sold it after the first range trip, wasn't impressed with it.
Price: is about the same.
Quality: probably the walther looks more refined, but glock is ligther, smaller, easier to conceal, and there is plenty of aftermarket parts.
cons: sights are cheap, it feels top heavy, trigger finger got sore from rubbing inside of trigger guard, accuracy meh not impressed.
pros: ergonomic grip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts