close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Options on a new 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Bville-Bud, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Bville-Bud

Bville-Bud

I'm less than a month away from buying my son a 19. *I have been researching here where to buy, but after looking at the "glockmeister essential kit" I am starting to think about options & accessories. *What should I consider in this new pistol? *This is not a CCW gun, more a target & open carry in the woods pistol. *For the record, I have a second gen G21 that I bought with night sites. * One of the glowing pills popped out after the first month, so I'm skeptical of Glock factory night sites.*

2. barth

barth six barrels

I'd buy a gun with fixed sights and add the best aftermarket NS.
    (I like Big Dots)

Beyond sights, buy a bunch of ammo.
    Shoot her till she says your name in her sleep.
    Then think about if you really want to change her...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012

3. vis35

vis35

Your experience with the Glock night sights is the exception to the rule. I have several sets on my guns and have never had a problem. As an armorer I install several sets a week and have never had a customer come back because the tritium element fell out. If anyone did I would replace the sight under warranty.

My EDC is a G19 Gen4 with Glock night sights and a smooth faced trigger, otherwise it is stock. I am still waiting for my G32 Gen4 which I will set up the same way.

As far as the "glockmeister essential kit”, no thanks. With the exception of the extended slide stop (which I do not use but have no problem with) I would not put any of that stuff on my gun. I can explain why if you like.

I would recommend a smooth faced trigger to you, it makes shooting the compact Glock’s much nicer.

4. Bruce M

Bruce M

Other than night sights, many of the parts added to Glocks that are not from Glock may compromise reliability. Some parts may make a specific type of shooting better at the potential expense of other types. It might be best to know exactly what, if anything, needs to be improved, before trying to improve it.

5. carloglock19

carloglock19

I have a couple years before my son gets his first Glock from me. He wants a 19 as well for range and HD not sure if he plans on CCing. The only thing I will do is make sure it has night sights and also buy him a holster.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. surefire21

surefire21

A nice holster is is my mind the first essential "upgrade" Look into a good kydex for open or concealed carry. Companies like atomic dog and raven both have excellent reviews. Additionally if this gun is gonna double as a home or self defense gun a good white light is ideal.

Just my .02

7. ijacek

ijacek

Night sights, extra mags, ammo! Not necessarily in that order.

8. Bville-Bud

Bville-Bud

Thanks for the input guys!