close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Options for a new concealed...

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by youngbuck, Mar 30, 2010.

1. youngbuck

youngbuck He's Tyrone!

Currently I have a G23 and a Sig 229 (.40). I am wanting a form of a pocket pistol or something I can leave in my car constantly. Current ideas are :

Ruger LCR or P944 - LCR is small and the 944 is cheap enough that I could not become to attached to it and let it get beat up, plus i could have 1 ammo selection for all pistols. Problem is they would probably be left in the car and never carried

Diamondback .380 - small, like the feel in my hands. Problem is .380 ammo = pain in the butt, not convinced on .380 being enough stopping power, plus new company so iffy on taking the risks :dunno:

S&W revolvers are listed on their website as being pretty expensive for what I plan on this gun doing

Any pro's/con's or just new ideas would be helpful

2. Gdirty5

Gdirty5

if it's never going to leave the car, why not go for something a little bigger?

But if it HAS to be a pocket gun, take a peek at the kel-tec P11, 10 rounds and still small. PF-9 if you want something you may carry.

3. Cheseldine

Cheseldine Texan

I've been looking at the smith j frame revolvers and they tend to go for around $440.

4. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

My idea of a car gun is something more powerful (bigger) than my carry gun. Also being reasonably inexpensive is a good idea.
    My three car guns are two Ruger stainless Security Six and a RIA 45.

A couple others that come to mind as being inexpensive but reliable is the CZ52 and German P38.

For a small revolver a new or used 2 inch Rossi is fairly inexpensive. I had a stainless one in the glove box for a few years.

5. rfd339

rfd339

Ruger Sp101- Stainless and powerful glove box revolver .
    G27- Compact, hides well, a great ccw and you have 40sw ammo.
    Makarov- Around $300, good defensive round in the 9x18.