Optics Planet ship time?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Valmet, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

Ordered a set of Beretta extended choke tubes on July 2 and order status still says “order being fulfilled.” Are they know for lag times in shipping?

2. NYhunter518

NYhunter518

Took a month and a half for me to get two 10/22 mags.

I understand that times are crazy in the industry but the lack of communication was very unsatisfactory for me, I’ll never order from them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billy_56081 and Valmet like this.

3. hardluk1

hardluk1

S L O W , 4 weeks for me . No More Optic Planet and no more midways usa at least for some time .

FireMedic-50 and picrthis like this.
  4. lbm

lbm

Placed an order for a product showing ""in stock" with an immediate availability. Once the order was placed scheduled delivery slipped weeks. Cancelled and was given a refund with no real problem. Waste of time.
    lbm

syntaxerrorsix and billy_56081 like this.
  5. Atomic Punk

Atomic Punk

Took over a month to get a scope mount.

Was in limbo for 2 weeks until i hit their customer support system.
    Magically went to preparing to ship.

Still took another 2 weeks to actually ship.

I should have just paid an extra $10 and gotten it from anyone else.

Never buying from them again.

billy_56081 likes this.
  6. DrewBone

DrewBone

Every single entity that I've ordered from within the past 3-4 months, whether it was for firearm parts, welding accessories, etc. are experiencing delays either due to shortages of their own staff, or delays with their suppliers and/or shipping providers.

My last and very recent order from Optics Planet included a part that they informed me up front wouldn't be available for 3-4 weeks, and this was due to the manufacturer being unable to keep up with the demand of this particular product, is this case a Gear Head Works Tailhook Mod 1 Compact pistol brace, of which every other vendor that I checked with at the time (easily over 2 dozen) was "Out Of Stock" also.

Everyone these days has become so used to instant gratification with this "I gotta' have it now!" attitude and expectations, but in today's day and age with all the effects of this Covid-ness we're all going to have to learn to have a little patience.

My GHW Tailhook arrived last week and I'm no worse off for wear having had to wait a few weeks for it's arrival, in fact it's still sitting in it's original packaging because I have yet to machine an adapter ring that will allow it to be securly mounted to an existing collapsible stock arm so it can then be legally attached to one of my rifle caliber pistols as a brace.

bdcochran and CDR_Glock like this.
  7. Gauss Rifle

Gauss Rifle

You need to check the item availability on the lower right hand side of the product page. If it does not state a specific time, your item is on back order.

This is a misleading business practice and I have called them out on it before and was given a discount for doing so.

8. bomba07

bomba07

I bought a scope mount recently from them and it shipped within 4 business days. Before I order anything from their site I ensure that it is in stock. I have always heard bad things about OP, but I have never had a problem and it’s never taken more than 5 days for them to ship something.

Gfive45 likes this.
  9. Bradley T

Bradley T

My experience with Optics Planet has been great each time. Fast, correct part, good price, nary a glitch of any sort. This IS the worst time in history to try and get shooting supplies! If you expect the usual 61 hour delivery time, you are going to be disappointed! Be patient- it could be worse.

Gfive45 likes this.
  10. Patchman

Patchman Florist

I ordered a Ameriglo front sight in mid-April or so and was told the sights were out of stock. OK, fair enough. I did get it maybe three weeks later.

Previous orders with them have always been reasonable 7 to 10 days.

11. Rocks

Rocks

SC in a country that's going down the toilet
    I'm at 3 weeks so far with a return refund and two weeks to get the item.

12. uzimon

uzimon Daca is caca

Eurooptic is much beta

13. NewYorker

NewYorker

When I ordered, there was no backorder time frame. If it wasnt in stock, I wouldnt have ordered.

My item should be there 8/19

14. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Before Covid it would take a month for many orders.

Many times it said an item was in stock, then I’d get a notice of it being on back order.

I gave up on buying from there if I needed something fast.

I believe I did get my Volquartsen kit from there pre Covid and it only took 2 weeks.

Their tracking and notification system is quite antiquated compared to Brownells and Midway USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

billy_56081 likes this.
  15. familyman357

familyman357 I'd be more cynical, but my apathy prevents it.

If you don't want to wait months for an "in stock" item, don't shop Optics Planet. This is neither a new nor uncommon problem with them. I suspect that they mostly just drop-ship. They got me on my first and only order from them several years ago. Once. Never again.

V Gehts and syntaxerrorsix like this.
  16. SargeMO

SargeMO

Slow and obtuse, I never order anything from them I can get anywhere else,

17. NewYorker

NewYorker

There 2 day shipping was good. I know only certain items are eligible. Ordered a Galco holster for my 460. Diidnt realize how much of a difference it made to not get the 2 day shipping.

18. collim1

collim1

It’s not just optics planet. Every part of the process is slow right now. Slow to process, slow to ship, and UPS and USPS are behind. I have two packages that are late right now from Brownells.

Really aggravating. I’ve had this shotgun in pieces since June 18th and I am still waiting on parts to get it back together.

19. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

My Meprolight M21 arrived I about 8 days.

20. GlockWheeler

GlockWheeler

I ordered an AR15 A1 stock assembly two days ago and it shipped this morning. I personally have always had good results from Optics Planet.