GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been wanting a full single stage set up for awhile now. There is a good selection of products and the RCBS Summit was my favorite.
Most places, including RCBS are out of them. One place wanted $300 for one and another online place had one for $570. Too rich for me.
Saw that Optics Plant had them(only major sight that didn’t say Out if Stock). For a reasonable price too, only $234.
I bought the entire set up I’ve been dreaming about from them online last night.
Today I get an email saying the press is on back order for 3-5 months, but everything else is being processed for shipment.
Haven’t decided what I’m going to due yet, but I’m not happy. I’ve always seen bad reviews from them so I never purchased from them. Is this the kinda crap they pull?

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
I’ve always had excellent service from OP, when Ive ordered it clearly stated that it’s on back order IME. I’ve been ordering ammo at slightly more than pre panic prices but it takes a a couple months to get.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
The few orders I've processed at OP have gone without issue. It's weird that they did not disclose the backorder status at order. That seems a little shady.

FWIW, I owned the Summit previously and I regret selling it. Great press. That being said, It would not be a press that I'd recommend as an "only press". There are some things it does not do well as a tradional O/D press.

Also, get the short handle. It is dreamy for seating rifle bullets.

·
Registered
20,261 Posts
I've heard of them doing this before. The site does show 3-5 backorder on the landing page now.

upload_2020-11-27_21-6-27.png

·
Florida's Left Coast
9,244 Posts
I've never had any particular probs with OP over the years. At times, it can awhile to get a product - perhaps now it is awhile +.

I had heard (probably online, so it's got to be true) that OP stocks nearly nothing and everything is dropped shipped form the manufacturer. Not sure about that as everything I have gotten arrives in an OP box.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Galls just did this to me for some shotgun gear. Their site said "In Stock", but really what that meant was that their vendor had it in stock at one point.

I'll never order from Galls ever again.

·
Registered
307 Posts
OP has always done very well by me. Everything has been on time and correct.

·
Florida's Left Coast
9,244 Posts
Galls just did this to me for some shotgun gear. Their site said "In Stock", but really what that meant was that their vendor had it in stock at one point.

I'll never order from Galls ever again.
I've never had any problem with Galls, either. Been ordering for years.

·
Southern Backwater Mafia & President-Elect
6,439 Posts
Optics Planet has done that to me twice once for a Aimpoint TA44 acog and again for a laser designator only to tell me it was 6 to 8 months out on back order (After they took my money) So I will be gun shy to buy anything from them in the future

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
OP doesn't charge your card on a backorder until the item ships. There is a temporary hold that goes away almost immediately. I have several thousand rounds of ammo on backorder with them.

Are you sure it said in stock and not place backorder?

Reactions: fg17

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I forgot to say the email they sent me said I wouldn’t be charged until the product ships.
I’ve put a lot of thought into what press I wanted and the Summit is the one. If I cancel I can overpay for one of the Other sites that has them. I think I’m going to wait it out. I’m glad so many people have good things to say about them, that’s comforting. Maybe I jumped the gun.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I forgot to say the email they sent me said I wouldn’t be charged until the product ships.
I’ve put a lot of thought into what press I wanted and the Summit is the one. If I cancel I can overpay for one of the Other sites that has them. I think I’m going to wait it out. I’m glad so many people have good things to say about them, that’s comforting. Maybe I jumped the gun.
There’s some on E bay right now for $281 bucks. 10 available.

·
Registered
35,112 Posts
Been wanting a full single stage set up for awhile now. There is a good selection of products and the RCBS Summit was my favorite.
Most places, including RCBS are out of them. One place wanted $300 for one and another online place had one for $570. Too rich for me.
Saw that Optics Plant had them(only major sight that didn’t say Out if Stock). For a reasonable price too, only $234.
I bought the entire set up I’ve been dreaming about from them online last night.
Today I get an email saying the press is on back order for 3-5 months, but everything else is being processed for shipment.
Haven’t decided what I’m going to due yet, but I’m not happy. I’ve always seen bad reviews from them so I never purchased from them. Is this the kinda crap they pull?
OP has done this before. I tend to shy away from them.

·
Secret Squirrel
240 Posts
I've bought a bunch of stuff from OP over the years. Never a problem. They only charged my card when the item ships and and clearly stated when it would be available when I viewed the item before placing an order. I would contact them ASAP and give them the opportunity to make it right even if that means canceling the entire order.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
It's just the way it is. Optics Planet is a good online retailer, it's simply a matter of huge demand and limited supply. In other words: that overwhelming majority that voted communist vasals in for commanders chief also bought up all the firearms, ammunition and reloading equipment. Yep, sure.

"War Is Peace" comrades.

·
Registered
14,466 Posts
I hate Optics Planet’s website. It’s not always clear what is in stock and exactly which part number/color/size etc...that you are ordering.

I know a lot of people like them, but I haven’t used them in years after several issues similar to yours.

They still have a lot of old discontinued parts and accessories listed for sale on their website and it’s not clear if they really have some in stock or not. Drove me nuts when I was looking for some long ago discontinued Surefire parts a while back.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts