close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Optics and indoor matches

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Berretta9, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Berretta9

Berretta9

I could be wrong but I thoght Glock made a ruling on not allowing Red dots, scopes, etc. on Indoor GSSF matches. Anyone know anything about it ?

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

so what are you trying to say don?

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Darn, I am such a nice guy. :thumbsup: :supergrin: :wavey: ;) :tongueout:

5. nighthunter30

nighthunter30 Glocks & money

I was thinking the same thing.

I did that but no link GSSF site or I can't find on GSSF site either

6. vmw

vmw

Indoor Rules follow Outdoor rules concerning firearms with the exception of classification for 'C' and 34/35 model GLOCKS. According to GSSF-IM HQ, those 'C' and 34/35 types will shoot against the 'stock' guns not the Unlimited class. As stated elsewhere, the Grand Prize is by a drawing, the top scores just enjoy bragging rights.

Seems the whole purpose is to get some standardization into what a 'Stock' GLOCK is composed of, parts wise, across the entire GSSF series of matches.

It's up to the individual range to run the match as they see fit. Distances and times are cast in black & white. Reshoots, because of ammunition failure, is up to the RO. GSSF-IM is now checking to make sure that only 25-yd (75ft) ranges are eligible for 500-club membership. If the match is shot at a range that isn’t 25-yd, the results will be so noted by GSSF-IM.

As to shooting one run for score vs. allowing multiple runs with the same model GLOCK for score, if that bothers you, just shoot once with each model that you bring to the match. Then you’ll know how you match up against those that only have one gun and want to shoot multiple times at a match.

Remember, it’s a game, it's scored and timed, and the target doesn't shoot back.

vmw

7. openrange

openrange

Okay here are the rules from GSSF and will be followed for our GSSF Match Saturday:

40.30 ALLOWABLE MODIFICATIONS TO STOCK:
    1) Hogue grip sleeves, A-Grip panels, "skateboard tape" or any other grip-enhancing materials that do not materially alter the function of the stock firearm.
    2) Slide and barrel stripping and or refinishing.
    3) Pearce Grip Inc. grip extenders only on the G26, G27, G29, G30, G33, G36 and G39 magazines.
    4) Aftermarket replacement non-metalic base plates on magazines.
    5) Post and notch sights excluding any sight requiring slide modifications. Please note that fiber-optic and express sights are now approved.

You may use any combination of Glock produced firearms parts that do not result in a significant competitive advantage in the stock divisions and are, in the sole opinion of the match armorer, safe to utilize.

ANYTHING THAT IS NOT ALLOWED IN 40.30 IS NOT STOCK. PERIOD. YOU WILL BE MOVED TO "MASTER UNLIMITED DIVISION" which will offer a separate plaque.

So my previous message that everything is "lumped" is incorrect! Sorry for any mix ups. Stock is stock.

See you saturday....

Barry