close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Optical mount for Glock 17/34

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by smokey45, Jan 29, 2005.

Tags:
  1. smokey45

smokey45

What is the best optics mount for a Glock 17/34? There are several out there that attach using the light rails and a frame pin. I wonder how easy it is to remove and replace the mount, and if it holds zero when you do. I would like to use this in the "any sight" division of falling plates with the optical sight, and in the "limited" division of speed steel without.
    s45

2. Clay1

Clay1

Carver mounts are top notch from everything that I have read. They are also a big supporter of the shooting sports. Our kind of people.

3. smokey45

smokey45

Clay1,
    Thanks for your response, I'll check them out. Do you use one of these mounts? If so, have you taken it on and off without disturbing the zero greatly?
    s45

4. Clay1

Clay1

5. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Removal & reinstall is pretty easy. I'll say the same thing, however, I'd say about any optics mount, on anything. If you remove it & reinstall, check your zero. Your human failure to perfectly retorque everything the way you had it is not the mount's problem. (Mine is a Weaver model with a Cmore sight (wife's Christmas present) on my 34 which is destined to be a GSSF UL toy; just got enough snow plowed away to get it on paper yesterday - love it.)

That said, the Carver mount is one sweet piece of engineering - deceptively simple, like the Glock. Several versions to choose from depending on what you want to mount. They even have the Hunter model if you want to leave your open sights on the slide. And another congrats to Bobby Carver for winning the "Gunny's Challenge" at the SHOT Show! (And a fine gentleman, to boot.)
    ;j