Glock Talk banner

Optic Planet back order from August 2020

1270 Views 13 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Bill Bond
I get an email this morning and saw a charge pending from Optic planet on my credit card. I thought it was an error. An email from Optic says it's a backorder from 8/20....8/20!
Sig 100gr 380 for only $20.89 a box. I had ordered 6 at that time but only 3 are in stock. I hope they send me the other 3 boxes at that price when available again.

Aug 06, 2020
ReturnPrint Invoice
Processing

product-img

Sig Sauer Elite Performance .380 ACP 100 grain Full Metal Jacket Brass Cased Centerfire Pistol Ammo, 50 Rounds, E380B1-50
$20.89 x 3
SKU: SD9-LAP-380EB100
Item Ordered
Order Subtotal
$62.67
Coupon
-$6.27
Est. Sales Tax
$4.51
Shipping Subtotal
FREE
Grand Total
$60.91
You will get a total of $1.14 OP Bucks after all items ship

Still on backorder

product-img

Sig Sauer Elite Performance .380 ACP 100 grain Full Metal Jacket Brass Cased Centerfire Pistol Ammo, 50 Rounds, E380B1-50
$20.89 x 3
SKU: SD9-LAP-380EB100
Unknown ETA, please contact us for more details
Order Subtotal
$62.67
Coupon
-$6.27
Est. Sales Tax (SC)
$3.91
Shipping Subtotal
FREE
Grand Total
$52.81
$0.99 OP Bucks were added to your account
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've only dealt with Optics Planet once about 8 years ago and that was enough for me. After being jerked around for couple of weeks I canceled the order. I doubt that they're any better now than they were then. They were about as organized as a bunch of monkeys trying to **** a football.
I haven't ordered from them in a while. Never really had any issues with them. I actually appreciate this two year backorder being sent. Unlike other backorders, I usually got an email asking if I want to cancel the back order before it's sent. Though, this time I didn't but I'm happy with the cost considering the times and type of ammo..

Reactions: 5Sensify

· Registered
33,962 Posts
I've only dealt with Optics Planet once about 8 years ago and that was enough for me. After being jerked around for couple of weeks I canceled the order. I doubt that they're any better now than they were then. They were about as organized as a bunch of monkeys trying to **** a football.
Never had an issue and they have usually the best prices on optics (of course) and some other stuff. Never used them for ammo, there are better sources.

· ******* Handyman
1,843 Posts
I have not any issues with them yet but a lot of stuff they have are not in stock or just way to high costs wise. I do order from them once in awhile. Ammunition is not one of them as I reload just about all my cartridges.

· Registered
7,025 Posts
Optics Planet is freaking awesome...

...as a "wayback machine" to see what MSRP was for long discontinued items. I go there to see what something cost 4 or 5 years ago, so I can decide whether to pay someone asking price on the classifieds section. It's also cool to use for determining what items/variations were available for a particular item.

However, it largely sucks for ordering things you want to actually buy and use right now.

· Registered
609 Posts
I have ordered several things from OP and never once had any problems with them. From little parts to (at last count) 5 Holosun red dot sights. Their prices just can't be beat and they've always had in stock anything they have advertised... unless you wait too long!
Cheers,
crkckr

· Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Like Opticplanet or not, I appreciate getting the Sig 380 100gr ammo at the 2020 price of $20.89. A lot cheaper than the going price today.

Reactions: bfoosh006
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.