close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Opportunity to Pick up a G21...Whadda-ya think?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by $MacUser$, Jan 22, 2006.

1. $MacUser$

$MacUser$

Hey there,

I went to the range earlier today with a buddy of mine. While down there, we happened to run into another shooter. He was a pretty nice guy, and we chatted back and fourth regarding our particular instruments.

He had a GLOCK model 21, and also the new 36. He offered to let me try both, and I have to say I enjoyed them very much. It was my first time shooting a GLOCK, and I thought I would be turned off by a grip that was too large combined with an impossibly heavy trigger pull. However, I was actually rather surprised. The trigger on the 21 was quite nice, lighter and more consistent that the SA pull on my 92 series. When I commented on it, the owner said he had a lightened, special trigger put into it.

After some coversation, and me letting him give my Beretta a go, he asked if I wanted to buy the 21. Thinking I had no where near the money, I said maybe, depending on how much. He said $350 for the gun with all the original stuff and five mags. I was pretty shocked.

Its a relativly new example, being a special edition offered in 2004 (with an OD color frame). It is in great cosmetic and functional condition. However, the only thing that stops me from jumping on it is the fact that the slide locks open after each round fired. The owner said that this is due to the fact that a friend of his had borrowed it and reassembeled it wrong. Consiquently, the slide always locks back. He said if he had a punch he could have fixed it right there, but, of course, he didnt.

He seems like a nice enough guy. I doubt he would be trying to screw me over with a lemon. He even offered to let me borrow it for a week or so to see if I wanted to go through with the purchase. Apparently, the only reason he wants to get rid of it is because he bought it with the original intent of carrying it. However, he soon realized it was way to large to be a practical carry gun. Therefore, he is simply trying to pass it on to someone who will actually use it.

Im just wondering if any of you know what this slide locking business might be, and whether or not I should be warry of a gun that is exhibiting that condition. The guy seemed to be well versed on the proper functioning and maintence of the pistol, which would lead me to believe it is in good shape, and that the quirk I observed was simply a small, fixable issue, as the owner had stated.

In any case, thanks for your time and I appreciate your responcese.

2. $MacUser$

$MacUser$

I should also have noted the fact that this man is close friends with an FFL holder, so the transfer will be completely legitimate.

3. Hando

Hando

Make him fix it and than get it.

4. $MacUser$

$MacUser$

oh yea, that was part of the agreement. Im just wondering if this isolated problem is part of a bigger issue.

5. seed

seed

That's an easy fix. All you have to do is replace the slide lock if it is somehow defective due to damage caused by the incorrect reassembly...Or you can take it out and possibly only need to slightly re-bend the spring a tiny bit.

There is a small chance that the portion of the slide lock spring which is at the opposite end of the slide lock somehow got pushed above the third pin, instead of under it...but I don't know how the locking block would be able to fit back in if that happened.

If he doesn't fix it, borrow it and then have someone who knows Glocks take a look at it.

6. AC498

AC498

Buy it...Buy it now. Price is gonga. Fix it after the sale as the value to the current owner will undoubtedly increase after the repair is performed. As discussed, it is an easy fix.