Glock Talk banner

Opinions wanted

536 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  gatorboy
Best revolver under $500, $750 and $1,000.
Best pistol under "...".

Best pump shotgun under $700
Best SA shotgun under $1,100

Best bolt action rifle under $700, $900 and $1,100

Please include caliber/gauge for the long guns but not for the handguns.
Do not include tax, shipping, FFL or background check in price.
Reactions: ronin.45
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· M62/76
14,804 Posts
Best revolver under...
Best pistol under...
Best Shotgun, rifle, etc etc...

To do what with??

· Registered
15,072 Posts
I agree that the answers could change depending on what you need the gun to do. I'll just put the guns I like in each category without concern for any specific purpose.

R500- LCR9
R750-GP100 Match Champion
R1000- 625

P500- G17
P750- PX4 Inox
P1000- FN45 Tactical

Pump- Nova Tactical 12ga
Auto- M2 Tactical 12ga

Bolt700- Ruger American Ranch 300blk
Bolt900- Savage 16fcss 243
Bolt1100- Savage 10fcp 308

· Registered
59,814 Posts
Best revolver is a smith k l or n frame 38/357 used for under 500 bucks
I agree although around here the five hundred dollar ceiling seems less common than a couple years ago..

· Banned
8,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree although around here the five hundred dollar ceiling seems less common than a couple years ago..
I stay away from K frames since all I shoot is mags even if they are on the light side 158 @ 11-1200. When you live in a 'gun nut' metro area like SE FL. you have to think (and drive) outside the box. I saw some pawn shops in small towns within 2-3 hours drive of you that had some really good deals on guns that have not been made in decades. When you smell the manure you're getting close.

· Banned
8,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks ronin.45, I realize that was kind of tough to answer in the format I posted it.

I was going to wait a while and answer but I don't even know all that much about bolt action rifles. I'd agree on the revolvers though. S&W - used, new or excellent pre-lock, Performance Center or a rare model.

pistols: Stoeger Cougar, M&P or G3 Glock. Lots of nice pistols under $750 but if I could get an all Stainless 229 new or very gently used and hardly fired for $750, that would be it. Next up would be a 10mm Sig in SA/DA and one finish. Be it straight SS or black but I'm not liking the dual tone finish and I think that may be the only one that isn't SA only. An EMP 40 would be great also but I would have to have the frame or slide finished to match as it's two tone also.

Love my Remington 870
Love my HK/Fabarm SAT 8 - I know Fabarm still makes the SAT 8 but don't know the price. I have a 24" rifled barrel with iron sights that came in the same nice full sized hard case (so I have two hard, lockable cases) as the gun and two stocks so that should up the price some. If it's worth it's weight in gold, it'd be worth a fortune. Heavy SOB but balances well - w/o the mag extension.

I've owned a few Mossbergs, have two right now. They were fine until I got my 870. I realize they are both reliable pumps - the 870 and 500/590 but I prefer the 870 and it actually has pretty wood. The Mossy's are just black plastic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.