Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you rate an even trade of a 16 year old HK USP .40 in excellent condition for a NIB Glock 26 at a gun store? I don't see used USPs on Gunbroker selling for much more than $500 so I don't think that's too bad a deal considering it avoids all the hassle of trying to sell.

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
If you are looking at the G26 for something smaller and more concealable I say go for it. The G26 will be better for carry than the USP. If you are just trying to end up with the higher end gun I might hold onto the H&K. It is pretty much a judgment call.

Remember though, used value vs. new value is irrelevant to you since once you get the G26 it is technically used as well. So you will go from have one used gun worth x amount to owning another used gun of x amount. You will be trading one used gun for another so condition is what really matters. That and the intended purpose for the gun.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
the best advice i got from this forum "does the gun do anything for you now, if you know what you know now would you buy it again, if not then trade it"

but to me that is not a great deal, now if he added in some night sights or an extra magazine i would consider it

·
TheGreyEclipse
1,924 Posts
IMO, the H&K is worth more but that's just me.

·
Registered
736 Posts
As much as I love the 26 (not really a big USP fan either), I'd still have to say no deal. Used 26's can be found at very reasonable prices. It's not like it'll be worn out.

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
As much as I love the 26 (not really a big USP fan either), I'd still have to say no deal. Used 26's can be found at very reasonable prices. It's not like it'll be worn out.
WHAT!!! That is blasphemy! How could you not like something as perfect as this!?!? :supergrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts