Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Me and a friend got to ta lking at work today about the sog company... he loves them.. me not a big fan so far.. have the flash two, like the weight and the blade shape don't like anything else really I have been told that they their fixed blades are better than their folders. just wondering what the mighty gt group thinks

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

· Banned
28,198 Posts
I like a few of the their fixed blades. I do not like any of their folders. The cheese factor is extra high with the ones that have SOG stamped all over them.

· Registered
542 Posts
I took the flash with me to iraq in 08-09. It was a small and light folder that did well for me. I have no complaints. Often times, as part of the hearts and minds campaign, we would set up a medical aid station in some of the towns so the people with minor medical problems could be seen by our docs. There was A LOT of packaging cutting going on, my flash did just fine. Other than that, it didn't cut much more than MRE packages and bottled water shrink wrap.

· Registered
11,995 Posts
I drive by SOG nearly every day but I won't stop in there anymore, even at the "factory store" (read: company lobby).

Sort of gives a clue.

· Registered
577 Posts
I prefer their multi tool pliers over the leatherman, I carry one of the full size power pliers in the nylon pouch on my tac vest and use it daily. I especially like their locking system for the blades when compared to the leatherman or the gerber tools out there.

The older small folders from when the company first started were quality and I still have a couple, but the folders now feel like junk when I pick them up at the local shop...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.