Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have less then a dozen hand guns (but that will likely change a little for the positive very soon ;)) and have been using several smaller non-firearm rated safes to store my weapons. However, I have been long thinking about getting an actual firearm rated safe to help protect against fire, theft and kids. I'm no high roller and my space is currently limited.
So my requirements are such:
  • < $1000
  • < 22" Deep
  • < 33" Wide
  • < 72" Tall
  • Must accommodate future firearm procurements.
  • Some fire protection
  • Decent theft protection
  • Electronic lock
  • Convertible/ can add shelves

So far the best fit I've come across is a "GSGX-822" by Stack-On.

I would appreciate any thoughts opinions or suggestions anyone may have on this.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Looking for a safe myself. Do these have power for dehumidifier?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
825 Posts
Holy coincidence! I am looking for a safe myself and this is one of the two I was considering. The problem I have noticed with most safes are designed for rifles - I own 3 handguns with 2 more on the way, and only 3 rifles.

I too would love to hear some input on this safe.

·
NRA Life Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking for a safe myself. Do these have power for dehumidifier?
Unfortunately no. But I do plan on continuing to use Kobalt anti corrosion mat/liner from Lowe's, like I do now.

·
NRA Life Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I recently bought a Mesa safe from www.authoritysafes.com. It's a good site to look at a variety of different safes.

Their customer service was great, and based on their Facebook page, they are strong supporters of the Second Amendment.
Thanks for the site.
Holy coincidence! I am looking for a safe myself and this is one of the two I was considering. The problem I have noticed with most safes are designed for rifles - I own 3 handguns with 2 more on the way, and only 3 rifles.

I too would love to hear some input on this safe.
Glad I'm not alone.
What was the other model you were looking at?

·
NRA Life Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On an aside note, anyone share information on physical things done to prevent little hands from getting into things they are not supposed to?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Gun safes and Humidors, always buy one with a little
more room than you think you will need, because you will.

·
NRA Life Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the responses. On an aside, I also found a deal on a Stack-On HGS-1024E for $1K shipped (that's with tax and in home delivery)... It is UL listed as well...

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Gun safes and Humidors, always buy one with a little
more room than you think you will need, because you will.
That's the truth. Bought one. Now I need another one twice as large. Mostly bac's fault. By the way wally world has several available you might want to check out. Delivery for mine was nintey seven cents.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts