close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Opinions on CZ 75 SP-O1 Phantom

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by lifsey83, Jan 10, 2013.

1. lifsey83

lifsey83

I checked one out at a local gun shop today, and liked the feel of it . Just wanting to get opinions on them .

2. gocubs6

gocubs6

I had the steel version of the SP01. It was the most accurate gun I have ever owned. Fantastic pistol. I sold it the other day because I had to let the range gun go for a more practical pistol I've heard good things about the polymer version, but never shot it.

3. seamaster

seamaster

It's my favorite pistol but it does have 2 pretty big things to be aware of.

Firstly the trigger. Mine had the worst trigger of any gun I ever tried. Even shooting several hundred rounds thru it didn't improve it so I installed a CGW race hammer and now its great. So add the cost of a CGW Race Hammer to the price of the gun!

Holsters are hard to find. I settled on a Blade Tech paddle holster that started out as a level 2 retention belt holster. The retention system was awkward to use so I removed those parts, added the paddle, adjusted the tension and now it's just right. It's the only OWB plastic hip holster that I've been satisfied with, I searched and bought/sold many beforevI settled on this holster. For SOB carry I use a cheapo Glock Sport holster for the G20/21 and with minor mod's it works extremely well.

I recommend this Glock Sport Holster before you buy any others. Spend the $15 on the holster and $90 on the race hammer. Adding the race hammer puts this gun ahead of all the other full size polymer 9mm pistols IMO.

My 2nd favorite pistol is my W German P226 so yes I think the SP01 Phantom is really great gun!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  4. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

I love the entire .75 family!!

5. bac1023

bac1023

CZ doesn't make any bad pistols. They are all outstanding :cool:

6. Cambo

Cambo

Word.

7. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler

Could not agree more. Own three and am more than just satisfied with them all. I do prefer the steel/alloy frame models though.

8. Wishoot

Wishoot

I loves me some Phantom.

The ergos are darn near perfect and it's just about the most accurate thing I've ever shot. The trigger is a bit gritty, but it's nothing unmanageable.