Opinions needed - custom sights on Capsian Glock slide

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MXRacer101, Aug 16, 2005.

1. MXRacer101

MXRacer101

I'm going to build a custom G22/31 from a Caspian slide. I am having Caspian install the low Bo-Mar cut, but need advice on the front. The slide is currently uncut on the front. My goal is to have a Dawson Fiber Optic front. So, in your professional opinion will the Dawson (Glock cut) Front Optic, Bomar .100 be a good combination (high enough) for the rear low cut Bo-Mar, or should I consider a Heinie or Novak Dovetail cut instead? I am fixed on the Bo-Mar/Fiber Optic combination, but looking to avoid any mistakes on the front sight.

All opinions and advice is welcome.

2. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

Don't know how low Caspian mills for Bo-Mars? EGW did mine on OEM slide and front is ca. .140 but they go right down to the very top of the plate cover and don't use the std. Bo-Mar. A call to Gary Smith at Caspian will get you the best ans.

If you're going to be swapping fronts often, probably best to go with OEM oval cut but a lot of 'Smiths don't like to take fronts down past .110-115 so as not to cut thru to screw channel.

3. MXRacer101

MXRacer101

They are the BMCS cut. They are supposed to be very low and the equivalent to melted. Quote from Brownell’s website “BMCS - Sits very low on the slide, installation requires machining, drilling and tapping of slide. (6-48 tpi). On low-mount or "melded" installations, use .210" high front.”

Gary at Caspian recommended a .240 for the Glock installation. I am having a hard time finding front sites that meet this requirement. This is currently the only optical one I have found so far and appears to be a Novak dovetail style.

Link:Brazos Lighting Rod Sight

4. RONNIE J

RONNIE J CLM 300 Lifetime Member

Gary at Caspian recommended a .240 for the Glock installation. I am having a hard time finding front sites that meet this requirement. This is currently the only optical one I have found so far and appears to be a Novak dovetail style

If you will look in Brownell's catalog page 303, you will find a Bo Mar front sigh that is .275. It will fit the glock OEM cut. I bought this to use on my G22 Caspian with the same rear cut you intend to use and the Caspian rear sight (same as Bomar melted)--I thought I may have to file it down but it adjusted to POA at 25 yards
    with no work at all. Check it out and at .275--plenty of room to work

Ron

5. MXRacer101

MXRacer101

Yes, I came across that one. I really want a fiber optic front, but none of the Glock cut ones are tall enough. I really hope the .240" works because I have authorized Gary to cut the Novak dovetail in it this morning.

Using the .275", how low are your rear sights currently set? Are your blades currently up off the slide? I sure hope so, or I'm SOL with a high shooting custom.

6. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

.240 is way high for a Novak cut unless you meant Bomar.

I have .285x105 Fiber sights that should work, you will just have to raise the rear a bit. If you want black I have .245x115 or .280x.090

7. MXRacer101

MXRacer101

Brazos Lightning Rod Sights. The sight in question is at the bottom.

I am currently getting a Novak dovetail front / Bo-Mar BMCS low cut rear. The .240” was the tallest Novak’s I have found. My smith recommended the Novak cut. I was wanting to keep the Glock cut because, I figured the Novak would look poor on a wide, flat Glock.

I am assuming your sights posted are for the Glock cut, right? Do you have pictures of the .285x105 on a slide? I may be able to stop Caspian before they cut the front. Also since your are a Glock shop, I may need you to fit my slide and Bar-Sto Match Target. The slide shouldn't need much.

8. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Yes they are Glock fronts. We do barrels fits as well. The .285x105 is a DP sight.

9. MXRacer101

MXRacer101

^8 Dawson Precision? I talked to one of their staff members yesterday and he basically told me I was SOL getting .240” or over in any cut. If you are correct, I don't need the Novak cut.

10. RONNIE J

RONNIE J CLM 300 Lifetime Member

With the .275 , I have room for adjustment up or down a few clicks.. Matt has your going the right way, now that i know he has the DP .285 in stock,,,I will order one for mine.

Ron

11. MXRacer101

MXRacer101

This front site?

[​IMG]