Opinions Needed-- Best Concealment of Glock 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by allamricn, Aug 28, 2003.

1. allamricn

allamricn

Ok, I should be receiveing my FLA CCW by the time I go down there, but I want some advice from fellow G30 owners. I already have a DeSantis Stealth IWB holster. I have the 10rd factory mags right now, no pearce extensions, etc.

What is the best way to conceal the G30? I know it is a bit thicker and a hint bigger than the G26/27 but I want to know the best setup (9 rd vs 10rd mags, etc)

2. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

I carry mine in an IWB holster under an untucked square-bottomed-usually button-down shirt. Cabelas or Old Navy sell excellent ones, patterned (harder to see a bulge) for about $20. Get it a size large and try it on while wearing gun and holster.

I carry mine about 4 to 4:30 on my body (right side rear) so the curve of the grip backstrap fits the side of body. 10-round factory mags, the 9 rounder made no diff. to me. I carry a spare in a Fobus paddle single-mag carrier on the left and both conceal under a untucked button-down shirt very well.

I use a Comp-Tac Gurkha, the C-Tac is even better but wasn't out when I got mine.

Just remember, it's not a Chief's Special you can drop in a pocket.

Wardrobe plays a major role in hiding a G30/19/23/32 size gun. A Concealed Carry Clothiers Tropic Vest (which doesn't scream GUN or PHOTOGRAPHER) is also excellent, I use mine a lot (see the Central Texas GT Meet w/Pics post in General Non-Glocking, I'm wearing my Tropic vest, with the G30 under it).

3. arl

arl

I just got back from dinner. I was wearing kaki pants and a polo over a t-shirt. The 30 was in a Sidearmor IWB with J hooks.

I love Florida and having a 30 on with shorts and T shirt is a lot of fun :)

4. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

I use the same carry arrangements as arl, except for the cargo pants. I'm mostly in shorts and t's or polo shirts.

5. commander

commander

My 30 disappears under a loose fitting button down shirt in a 15 degree Sidearmor IWB. It's actually more comfortable than my 27. More surface area = less dig-into my spare tire.

6. Robalero

Robalero Texican

I carry all three of my Glocks in a DeSantis IWB Stealth Holster. I really love this rig. (all three a little past three inside the waist usually with a shirt not tucked in) I am a big guy, and with the Stealth, I can even carry my G21 concealed without any problem.

I have to tell you though, that with my .45's, I modifided the holster and removed the extra magazine pouch, it makes the gun more comfortable to carry. I hope I never need more than eleven rounds to defend myself, but as been said before, if I need twenty or more rounds to defend myself, well, I should have walked out of the house with an M16 instead.

I trust the gun, the ammo that I use and the holster.

7. Steve333

Steve333

As does a good quality belt which is often overlooked. I'm luck enough to have a good leathergoods shop nearby and have found how much of a difference a good belt can make.

8. Carbon

Carbon

Many of you gentlemen mention wearing a IWB for going out or for daily wear in this post. I myself have never worn a IWB holster and to me the look to be uncomfortable, please offer up your opinion if you will. Also how much larger to you have to buy your pants, jeans, dress pants, to fit a G30 in a IWB? When I get dressed to go out putting on my G30 is like putting on my shoes, never leave home without it.

Thanks for your time.

9. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr GEC #15 sheepsfoot

Beneath the old oak tree at Sutter's Fort
    IWB.

I buy my pants an inch, or maybe two, bigger in the waist. ;a

10. Robalero

Robalero Texican

You can also buy dress slacks that have an elastic band inside, it isnt noticeable and the pants stretch to accomodate the extra baggage (the gun). In jeans though, I do have to buy a size larger.

FWIW, when I began carrying IWB it was extremely uncomfortable but now I have adjusted and it does not even feel like it is there, whether standing, sitting, driving, leaning, etc. etc. etc.

It is a state of mind, and one does have to get used to it. But you do, and believe me, it is comforting to know I have my pistol with me.

11. arl

arl

I have had better luck with IWB than some paddle holster for comfort. I lost some weight so the pants were lose to start with but you do need some room for the rig.

12. quiksilver9292

quiksilver9292

I can feel the heat from the flames now...

I used to carry my G30 IWB...but as i spent most of my budget on my weapon that left my holster budget small...I am now carrying my G30 on a uncle mikes sidekick belt slide holster..it keeps it tight to my body and makes virtually no pattern....and it is the most comfy holster i have tried yet....and I dont have to buy my pants bigger just to carry...Flame on boys...im nomex coated...;f

13. jprj

jprj

Fanny pack, 9+1