GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a g43x that I’ve tinkered with a bit (optic cut slide, holosun 407k, tlr6, and trigger work). I’m now trying to figure out what I want for my next firearm. The difficult part is I live in NY so I can’t have more than 10rds which makes larger firearms unappealing as they’re unnecessarily oversized for me. I’m open to anything. I’m not really sure what spot I’m trying to fill other than a second slot in the safe. I’d like to stay under $1000 and ideally around the 5-800 range, which unfortunately about all I’ll get in today’s market is a heavily used lcp or bodyguard I imagine.....

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
How about a nice target 22 pistol? Browning Buckmark, Ruger MkIV and S&W Victory are all great guns for the money. If not that, how about an all-steel 9mm pistol with a true single action trigger? (like a CZ75 or a Browning Highpower) Glocks are great carry guns, but there are much better shooting pistols for the range out there.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
In that price range:

CZ P01

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-p-01-ω-convertible-omega/

Double action, single action is good dry fire practice. Size and weight aren’t too heavy if you do decide to carry it. Grip angle is intermediate which translates over to a lot of different firearms. Lots of aftermarket support from Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom to make it as sweet of a range or competition gun as you like it.

Only a 14 round capacity so you’re not giving up much if you get 10 round magazines, but if you move to a free state or laws get changed you’re already set to move up (that and getting S15 magazines for your G43x).

E86B1976-595B-460D-B714-F02C1457800C.jpeg

·
Previously Will Beararms
6,661 Posts
If I lived in a Communist State, it would be a 10-round .45ACP for sure. I don’t take this lightly. The steal could be on right now and sometime in November, we could find out our nation has turned Communist should all three houses go the the Marxist Democrats.

Reactions: g30nut

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
How about a nice target 22 pistol? Browning Buckmark, Ruger MkIV and S&W Victory are all great guns for the money. If not that, how about an all-steel 9mm pistol with a true single action trigger? (like a CZ75 or a Browning Highpower) Glocks are great carry guns, but there are much better shooting pistols for the range out there.
Another good suggestion. I love the colt woodsman 4.5" heavy barrel my father gave to me.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
In that price range:

CZ P01

Double action, single action is good dry fire practice. Size and weight aren’t too heavy if you do decide to carry it. Grip angle is intermediate which translates over to a lot of different firearms. Lots of aftermarket support from Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom to make it as sweet of a range or competition gun as you like it.

Only a 14 round capacity so you’re not giving up much if you get 10 round magazines, but if you move to a free state or laws get changed you’re already set to move up (that and getting S15 magazines for your G43x).

View attachment 856152
Who milled yours?

·
The eBay Guy
20,238 Posts
In that price range:

CZ P01

View attachment 856152
I'll second this.

·
Señor Member
8,667 Posts
I think a pistol in .22lr would be a good choice. I would imagine that these days, if you can find it, .22lr will still be cheaper than anything else.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i also live in nys and you should just forget about the capacity bull$hit, full size pistols handle better and easier to use. i carry a micro .380 but dont shoot it much beyond normal practice, bigger pistols are way WAY more fun to shoot. like i said capacity doesnt matter unless u let it bother you. get a G22 or G35 and have some real fun with .40S&W

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app

·
98.SiG and Rising!
719 Posts
G19.5

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
If I lived in the People's Republic of NY and was limited to 10 rounds I'd have something in .45. G30, 1911, or P220.

Although, like JCN recommended, I'm also a fan of CZs.

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
I currently have a g43x that I’ve tinkered with a bit (optic cut slide, holosun 407k, tlr6, and trigger work). I’m now trying to figure out what I want for my next firearm. The difficult part is I live in NY so I can’t have more than 10rds which makes larger firearms unappealing as they’re unnecessarily oversized for me. I’m open to anything. I’m not really sure what spot I’m trying to fill other than a second slot in the safe. I’d like to stay under $1000 and ideally around the 5-800 range, which unfortunately about all I’ll get in today’s market is a heavily used lcp or bodyguard I imagine.....
Definitely second the recommendation on a 1911 in .45 ACP.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
How about a build project with a 80% lower? With a Strike 80 lower, 80 lower, or SS80 lower, you can add various Glock uppers or aftermarket slides.

·
NRA Benefactor
5,264 Posts
G36 or G30. I can't find fault with either with their weight and size.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I’m not buying any guns for a while, prices are crazy right now. I think, after the election, things will settle down. There will be a lot of reasonably priced used guns for sale and new gun prices will go down and stabilize.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
If you do not have a revolver in 44 Magnum,that would be a good choice. 44 Spl./44 Mag. covers everything in a revolver.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts